Litchi

Yes.

I am beta testing some features for the iOS format of Litchi.
I'm torn between the available for P4 FPV Camera, and waiting for P4 compatible version of Litchi. I really like Litchi's UI and simplicity, but mission planning on the FPV camera app looks pretty good too!!! I just hope Litchi is out in the next week or so for the P4 as I've a project coming up.. (I'm iOS).

I'm torn between the available for P4 FPV Camera, and waiting for P4 compatible version of Litchi. I really like Litchi's UI and simplicity, but mission planning on the FPV camera app looks pretty good too!!! I just hope Litchi is out in the next week or so for the P4 as I've a project coming up.. (I'm iOS).

If you email Litchi they will add you to the beta program - then you can try it out immediately.

I just hope Litchi is out in the next week or so for the P4 as I've a project coming up
It depends on Apple but it should be.

Hi everyone,

I have just noticed that android version has beeing updated today for the Phantom 4 !!

Bye

They are still sending out updated builds and fixing bugs, so that seems a bit unlikely, but maybe. Perhaps Kaehn has inside knowledge.
Personally, I'd feel a bit nervous using beta software with a £1300 flying machine! Moreover, I've not used this type of software before so I'm happy to wait for the full release. FPV camera does look good and I'm sure it is.. Just that Litchi has the edge on me with its familiar UI and mission planning. Looking forward to trying it out.

I've got one question for Litchi users: how does one relinquish control from the Go app to the Litchi app? I'm assuming one would do all the necessary preflight prep in the DJI Go app, fly to a safe distance and then somehow start the Litchi app?! What's the correct procedure?

Personally, I'd feel a bit nervous using beta software with a £1300 flying machine! Moreover, I've not used this type of software before so I'm happy to wait for the full release. FPV camera does look good and I'm sure it is.. Just that Litchi has the edge on me with its familiar UI and mission planning. Looking forward to trying it out.

I've got one question for Litchi users: how does one relinquish control from the Go app to the Litchi app? I'm assuming one would do all the necessary preflight prep in the DJI Go app, fly to a safe distance and then somehow start the Litchi app?! What's the correct procedure?

Yes, open Go and check you settings etc. Close it and open Litchi, launch and start the mission when you're ready.

Does litchi utilize avoidance system? I don't see an option for that maybe that be feature request?

in app purchase for litchi, seems FOCUS, but... this option is free in WAYPOINT MODE? or is it pay option?
is there some discount or coupon to buy this app? maybe some offer? Would be nice an offer with all options unlocked

regards

in app purchase for litchi, seems FOCUS, but... this option is free in WAYPOINT MODE? or is it pay option?
is there some discount or coupon to buy this app? maybe some offer? Would be nice an offer with all options unlocked

regards

Litchi is pretty cheap already in my opinion and the addon isnt much more than a cup of coffee and cake nowadays.

Especially when you consider the costs of our hobby are quite high a few bucks for the developers so that our drones are safe when in the air isnt too much to ask i dont think.

Does litchi utilize avoidance system? I don't see an option for that maybe that be feature request?
Colliuson Avoidance (CA) is functionality that is built into the drone using hardware and sensors. Litchi is a software solution to help pilot the aircraft.
Litchi says on their Facebook page in response to this question "Litchi in P mode, if enabled in DJI Go, yes"

Like · Reply · 2 hrs

Reactions: Jpooner808
2 Litchi Questions:

1. What happens to the mission data stored in the Phantom once a mission has been flown, is it simply overwritten by the next mission upload, or is it simply deleted when the aircraft is turned off?

2. Here is the scenario: your Phantom is out on a mission, you realise that your Phantom is heading into a dangerous situation (e.g an obstacle in its flight path), assuming one still has contact with the aircraft through the radio control unit, how is the mission aborted and the aircraft brought safely back to its home point?

Yes. Please learn and explore all of the DJI Go app before you consider 3rd party software as you might end up missing out on vital functions that the official DJI app provides.
But be careful as Go's way of implementing a given feature may be crude or limiting. The big difference is offline planning and setup, as well as automatic start and takeoff.

1. On my BETA test version, the Litchi/Healthy Drones "token" auto uploads the files to HD. Not sure about the available commercial version. I assume it would.
The files remain if I remember mine correctly.

2. You can switch to P from F mode via the PAF switch and fly it or initiate RTH

When I set WPs and fly close to objects I keep my finger on the PAF switch as GPS isn't precise and I can abort if I have place my mission lines too close to an object.

1. On my BETA test version, the Litchi/Healthy Drones "token" auto uploads the files to HD. Not sure about the available commercial version. I assume it would.
The files remain if I remember mine correctly.

2. You can switch to P from F mode via the PAF switch and fly it or initiate RTH

When I set WPs and fly close to objects I keep my finger on the PAF switch as GPS isn't precise and I can abort if I have place my mission lines too close to an object.

The P4 doesn't have PAF - it has PSA, and Litchi flights are flown in P.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers