Litchi WP vs DJI Go WP

Reaction score
I realize both are different in how you setup a WP mission. I have been using Litchi mainly for autonomous WP missions and have never used GO WP function. Let's ignore the Litchi Mission Hub for now and just focus on comparing how to manually set a WP mission in Litchi & GO. In GO, you have to fly to each WP and record it before running the mission. Litchi can do the same but you can also program camera pitch with Interpolate function. Not sure if you can use POI as I have never used Litchi for manual programming of WPs. In GO, not sure, but I don't think there is an Interpolate or POI function. Is that correct? I know you can control yaw and camera pitch in Free mode.

For example, I want to fly between 2 trees in close proximity to each other. First, I would not use Litchi mission hub for this since I am afraid of the GPS inaccuracy. I would rather fly between the trees and record the WP manually since it would be more accurate. Is that a fair statement? Second, if I want to set Interpolate, I know Litchi is capable of this. But with GO, I'm thinking you can only record WPs and altitude. You can manually control yaw and camera pitch. I'm trying to get a specific shot and just working it out I my head which one I should use. Not sure if I have all the facts so I'd like to hear from someone else. I realize I can just do this on P mode but I may have to run through it several times so I wanted to setup a WP mission.

Last edited:
Litchi waypoints are better than Go in every way shape and form. Autopilot has added their own Flight Controller as well as being able to access the DJI flight controller that all other 3rd party apps use. Their custom flight controller allows them to provide features and options that are not available in Litchi, Go or anything else. If you are trying to do something that Litchi can't do - there is a very good chance that Autopilot will be able to do the job. Check it out. It's the most powerful app available for the Phantom.

Having said that - I would not personally trust the GPS accuracy to fly through a narrow gap between 2 trees with ANY of the apps. If you do insist on trying it, make sure you install prop guards to minimize the damage that might occur if you clip one of the trees. Another think I might do before attempting this is to set up 2 foam posts the same distance apart as the trees and practice 30+ waypoint missions flying between them on different days weather-wise: cloudy, sunny, high pollution index, low smog, etc. If it performs flawlessly - then maybe I'm wrong about GPS accuracies.

If it works it should make for a nice video. If it doesn't work, it may make for a spectacular video! :). Either way - be sure to share!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thanks Tenly. I agree that Litchi is better than Go. It's what I use almost 100% of the time. Haven't tried Autopilot yet. Regarding flying between trees, I wouldn't fly between them unless they are at least 15' apart. You think manually recording WPs between them may still give you inaccurate coordinates? I would hope GPS inaccuracy will not yield that big of an error (15'). But I could be wrong. Don't have experience with this scenario and thus the reason I'm asking.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub