Litchi WP test run in my neighborhood

Reaction score
Here's a little Litchi WP test run I did the other day in my neighborhood... I used the youtube editor to add some music, and slow down the speed. Shot it with an N4 filter @ 1080p 60fps.

Litchi did exactly what I asked it to do... great app.

Check out the video here...

Sent from my SM-G900V using PhantomPilots mobile app

No doubt. While this was just a very simple example of what the app is capable of, it still involved some very complex maneuvering that even a highly skilled pilot would have found quite daunting to accurately replicate (realize that this video was actually slowed down to 0.5 speed of the actual flight).

There were a lot of telephone and power lines I navigated quite safely around, and despite the fact that for a good 15 seconds I also had no clear line of sight due to a couple of tall trees that blocked my signal to the p3p when making my turn around at the end of the street.

Litchi IS what makes my p3p worth owning, and is absolutely worth every penny of it's very reasonable price point.

Anyone who doesn't use this or a similar app is plain crazy in my opinion lol

Litchi IS what makes my p3p worth owning, and is absolutely worth every penny of it's very reasonable price point.

When I did my first waypoint mission, I was feeling exactly the same way, I haven't tried tricky maneuvers with it yet, but I'm getting there

Litchi is a lot of fun. On my first long-range flight (2.5 miles round trip, 90% of it over water) I lost connection for almost 4 minutes. I was a nervous wreck until my video feed popped up again and I could see it was still in the air and coming back toward me. Then I realized I'd turned off the auto-record (and forgotten to start recording) feature and had no video of the flight! I had to run the mission again but all worked out well.

I recently flew a 2.1 mile one way mission. As soon as it took off, I jumped in the car and drove to the endpoint. Just as I got out of the car, RC in hand, it came over the trees. I switched to P mode and manually landed it. I learned a lot. For one thing, you can't fly a one way mission if your first and last waypoints are over 2000 m apart. I had to plan it as a round trip (even though I had no intention of letting it fly back home) then got to the turn around point before it started back toward home. Once it came into sight, I switched to P mode, effectively cancelling the mission and allowing me to take control and land it. The other thing I learned is to turn OFF Failsafe RTH. If I'd left it on, it might have turned around and headed straight home if the battery had gotten low enough.

Here's a little Litchi WP test run I did the other day in my neighborhood

Very nice smooth moves. At 1:50 the tree was awfully close; GPS at its worst can't always be so precise. And at 2:00 the power line was pretty close too; barometer isn't that precise either. At 2:25 I'd rather have only about 20% sky but I still find it hard to evaluate unless I set it manually. I liked the music, too.

Looks good but I noticed something that happens with my videos also. Seems like people and cars appear to be moving in slow motion. Does anyone know why it does this? 1080 at 30fps seems to work better..but why?

Litchi and WP missions are great......

Litchi waypoint missions are good if you take care of the obstacles on the way and inaccuracies due to GPS positioning. To be on the safe side, limit missions to 15 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr