Litchi with P4P?

Reaction score
How many are flying regularly with Litchi and their P4P's? I had programmed and flew several missions with my P4's . But I have not even tried it yet with the P4P. Is all object avoidance in play with Litchi? Does Litchi follow ground level as far as programmed altitudes go? If Litchi loses RC it still finishes the mission?

I've had no problem using Litchi waypoints on the P4 pro.
It works just as it did on the P3.
If I programmed a waypoint mission to go where signal was lost, the mission would continue.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
I've had no problem using Litchi waypoints on the P4 pro.
It works just as it did on the P3.
If I programmed a waypoint mission to go where signal was lost, the mission would continue.
Thank you sir. Thats the main one I needed to know for sure. Would you happen to know how to cancel a mission during one? Do you just hit the pause button, or do you cancel it on screen in the app?

You can pause or cancel in the app, or use the P-S-A mode control switch on the controller to cancel.
Awesome! Thx so much smiller! One more question. Is every altitude at each waypoint based on ground level at time it passes over it or is it based on take off ground level? Sorry for all the questions but it's been a while since I used it and that was with my P4 I had.

Awesome! Thx so much smiller! One more question. Is every altitude at each waypoint based on ground level at time it passes over it or is it based on take off ground level? Sorry for all the questions but it's been a while since I used it and that was with my P4 I had.
Waypoint altitudes are above home point.

Hi, According to my Litchi App, just downloaded, there is an AGL option now, new feature I guess, oh hang on you said Waypoint height, this is flight path height I think !

There was an issue with LItchi (and other 3rd party apps) and P4P firmware v01.03.0418. Was supposed to cause erratic flight in certain modes. Has this been resolved? I haven't updated firmware for this reason.

This is from flylitchi.com help.

Warning March 7th, 2017 - There is currently an issue with the latest firmware for Mavic Pro (v01.03.0500), Inspire 2 (v01.0.0240) and Phantom 4 Pro (v01.03.0418) where the drone will fly erratically in some of Litchi’s flight modes. If you already installed one of these firmwares, we highly recommend not using these flight modes until the issue is fixed with a DJI firmware update. The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other flight modes (including FPV, Waypoint, Orbit and VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking OFF) are unaffected.

Last Updated: 03/22/2017

There was an issue with LItchi (and other 3rd party apps) and P4P firmware v01.03.0418. Was supposed to cause erratic flight in certain modes. Has this been resolved? I haven't updated firmware for this reason.
Litchi calls this a DJI 'bug' but unless DJI also sees it that way it will be Litchi that has to adapt. But apparently normal FPV and Waypoint modes aren't affected, and those are what most people tend to use most I think.

I was using Litchi until about a month ago for my P4P. It worked much more reliably than DJI Go 4. Then I tried DJI Go 4 again, just for the heck of it. To my surprise, DJI Go 4 was now working really well with excellent screen view and no connectivity problems, so I used it for a few more flights.

Then came the latest firmware updates for the aircraft and RC. Things were great for the first couple of flights, but after DJI Go 4 was updated a few days ago, I got strange incessant disconnections on every single flight that would take me to the sign-in page but wouldn't process my sign-in. I could still control the aircraft but I was now flying without FPV and without any way to control the camera. I use a Nexus 7 II (Android) as my viewing device.

I figured that a lot of people would be having the same problems with DJI Go 4 that I'm having currently, but after a very quick search of the first page of posts, I didn't see where anyone else is reporting the same problems.

So, as of today, I'm back to Litchi, which works just fine.

I love DJI, but I would be loving them a whole lot less at the moment if I didn't have Litchi. :) DJI Go 4, for the moment, is unusable for me.

I was using Litchi until about a month ago for my P4P. It worked much more reliably than DJI Go 4. Then I tried DJI Go 4 again, just for the heck of it. To my surprise, DJI Go 4 was now working really well with excellent screen view and no connectivity problems, so I used it for a few more flights.

Then came the latest firmware updates for the aircraft and RC. Things were great for the first couple of flights, but after DJI Go 4 was updated a few days ago, I got strange incessant disconnections on every single flight that would take me to the sign-in page but wouldn't process my sign-in. I could still control the aircraft but I was now flying without FPV and without any way to control the camera. I use a Nexus 7 II (Android) as my viewing device.

I figured that a lot of people would be having the same problems with DJI Go 4 that I'm having currently, but after a very quick search of the first page of posts, I didn't see where anyone else is reporting the same problems.

So, as of today, I'm back to Litchi, which works just fine.

I love DJI, but I would be loving them a whole lot less at the moment if I didn't have Litchi. :)
Hmmm, man I have never had those kind of disconnections with Ipad Air 2 Bigbells. I flew Litchi quite a bit with my P4's. But have not even tried one yet with P4P. Just have not had the need to tbo. Kind of enjoying learning all the manual flight paths and maneuvers for video ect. But now and ready to go back and visit Litchi as I would also like to do some really smooth continuous flights where I don't have to be that smooth for that long.

Reactions: Bigbells
Hmmm, man I have never had those kind of disconnections with Ipad Air 2 Bigbells. I flew Litchi quite a bit with my P4's.
Incidentally, Litchi works poorly or not at all if DJI Go 4 is installed on my Android device, and vice versa. I've become accustomed to uninstalling whichever of the two apps I'm not using, then reinstalling when needed. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to reinstall Litchi without being asked to pay for it again, but that wasn't a problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl