Litchi: What functionality is unavailable when disconnected from RC?

Reaction score
If this is covered specifically in the help (online or PDF), please point us to it.

I've found warnings in the online help that speed changes between waypoints requires the RC be connected to the aircraft, otherwise the entire mission is carried out at the cruising speed (or, I'm guessing, the portions out of RC range run at whatever speed the bird was flying when disconnected, but I'd like to know for sure the answer to that too).

So it appears that speed changes can not be programmed into an autonomous on-board "script".

What other waypoint mission functionality, if any, requires a connection to the RC? Will it stop at waypoints, execute actions, and start again?

Does everything else work except for speed changes?

Speed can be changed on way points at different speed, however the rc must be connected to the bird.

If connection is lost between rc and bird then the last crusing speed will be set for the remaining waypoints until connection is established again or waypoints are complete

Neon Euc

Waypoint Gimbal commands also require that the RC be connected to the AC.

Waypoint Gimbal commands also require that the RC be connected to the AC.
Is this only Actions, or does it include gimbal angle settings for the waypoint? If the latter isn't supported, it would seem POIs wouldn't work when disconnected...

Is this only Actions, or does it include gimbal angle settings for the waypoint? If the latter isn't supported, it would seem POIs wouldn't work when disconnected...
Gimbal angle tracking of a POI will not work when disconnected. Most often the last gimbal level setting is retained until the connection is restored so often people don't realize that it is inoperative while the connection is lost, but it is.

Gimbal angle tracking of a POI will not work when disconnected. Most often the last gimbal level setting is retained until the connection is restored so often people don't realize that it is inoperative while the connection is lost, but it is.
Dang... DJI needs to add gimbal and speed control to the autonomous scripting. Anyone know if these parameters are supported in missions created and run from DJI's apps (Ground Station I think?) when run disconnected?

If so, then at least we know the AC is capable of it...

I kind of doubt it, the POI headings do work, but yes the gimbal settings do not, as far as I can tell, your commands at way-points will not work ether, take a still, wait 5 secs, etc.
I'm learning Litchi also.I was thinking of starting a thread something like, "Litchi, what doesn't work with out the RC". Start a list, and add / edit to the list as posts come in. Didn't happen, had other events come up.

Rod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen