Litchi Waypoints

Reaction score
In Litchi Waypoints Load Mission there are 2 buttons, "Email" and "Load". When I click Email I get the following screen. Where do I setup mail accounts?

316e659c6d1f7f695992fb106f053f80.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It seems you have an iOS device, so just go into the Mail app and you will be prompted to log in with your email. If you already have your email setup, there may be a problem with Litchi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay so quick question guys. I wanna use litchi to try and fly my bird to a buddy's house if you take the road it's 1.4 miles but I always lost satellite connection doing it manually... can I trust litchi to make it this distance and my bird return home safe?
d30f565d796fdab6bfdf650b67b559cc.jpg

I haven't flown far enough to lose signal, but if there is a loss of communication Litichi is supposed to continue flying the mission and return if that's what it's programmed to do. There are a few videos out there that demonstrate this and I'm sure plenty of folks here have run in to this as well.

Litchi continues the mission even if it loses signal, as long as it sets home point correctly and the speeds at each waypoint are not too slow. Also, take it up to 40 feet and let it hover 3-5 min near the first waypoint and let it set the vision system and gather satellites.....get as many as you can. I set the last waypoint at 20 feet and choose it to finish as "none" in the mission setup, then bring it down manually and hand catch it. Works every time. also keep your waypoints no more 100 feet or so apart, it does not like long distances between them. Add a few midpoints if you need to.. This program works extremely well if ALL THE PARAMETERS OF EACH WAYPOINT ARE SET CORRECTLY, seems most every crash here is a wrong/missed setting at an individual waypoint or mission parameter. Also, and very important, when running the mission, if you tap the screen accidentally, you can add a final waypoint that you don't mean and the bird may possibly go there after whAt you think is your final waypoint. Litchi is working on changing this, an easy workaround is before you fly, set the waypoint/POI button up top right for POI, not waypoint. That way, you'll add a POI, which is inert if added.

Last edited:
Reactions: stones
I didn't know about the 100 foot waypoint distance thing. I routinely have my waypoints a lot further apart than that without incurring any problems. Is that a public problem or one based on personal experience? I would appreciate hearing more.

I definitely concur about being careful not to touch the screen snd inadvertently add a new waypoint as I did exactly that. I added a waypoint with my pinkie almost a mile from my home. I was very lucky as my neighborhood is peppered with little lakes but my drone landed safely on the top of a palm tree and I was able to safely retrieve it.

I always make sure my missions return to home (RTH) now rather than land now so even if I screw up again the result won't be so dramatic.

It has been written here somewhere that a few missions were less than successful with waypoints very far apart.

Last edited:
Not a problem mate. I done a massive 11 minute flight and lose connection for 9 of them minutes. Never had an issue so far.

Neon Euc

Litchi continues the mission even if it loses signal, as long as it sets home point correctly and the speeds at each waypoint are not too slow. Also, take it up to 40 feet and let it hover 3-5 min near the first waypoint and let it set the vision system and gather satellites.....get as many as you can. I set the last waypoint at 20 feet and choose it to finish as "none" in the mission setup, then bring it down manually and hand catch it. Works every time. also keep your waypoints no more 100 feet or so apart, it does not like long distances between them. Add a few midpoints if you need to.. This program works extremely well if ALL THE PARAMETERS OF EACH WAYPOINT ARE SET CORRECTLY, seems most every crash here is a wrong/missed setting at an individual waypoint or mission parameter. Also, and very important, when running the mission, if you tap the screen accidentally, you can add a final waypoint that you don't mean and the bird may possibly go there after whAt you think is your final waypoint. Litchi is working on changing this, an easy workaround is before you fly, set the waypoint/POI button up top right for POI, not waypoint. That way, you'll add a POI, which is inert if added.
I've had no problems with long (>1000m) between waypoints. One was a survey type mission with multiple parallel legs each about 1100 m. This was the first time I was that far away and was really nervous. Even though the bird was technically still VLOS, it was awfully small! Only problem I had was this was when I found out about the size limit on video files. Wound up with 3 separate files instead of the one expected.

Glen E, I did not realize that you could change the mission once it was running, as in accidentally adding a waypoint. I had once tried to make a change and the map screen would not respond to my tries. That is why I asked.
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

One more note, on Litchi screen, if you change the tool from waypoint to point of interest, POI, then if you accidentally touch the screen, you only add a point of interest and not another waypoint.
Keep flying,
Jim
WA5TEF

Litchi continues the mission even if it loses signal, as long as it sets home point correctly and the speeds at each waypoint are not too slow. Also, take it up to 40 feet and let it hover 3-5 min near the first waypoint and let it set the vision system and gather satellites.....get as many as you can. I set the last waypoint at 20 feet and choose it to finish as "none" in the mission setup, then bring it down manually and hand catch it.
This is an excellent general practice, and one I follow every time as well (although I manually land, not hand-catch -- style, not substance :D). Only thing I do different is keep it at tree/building/obstacle clearing altitude, and bring it down manually from there.

so if you create a long WP mission and loose signal I understand that Litchi will continue the mission but what happens if the mission is to long for the battery will it return to home with enough battery to make it home or will it continue mission and start to land when battery reaches critical?

so if you create a long WP mission and loose signal I understand that Litchi will continue the mission but what happens if the mission is to long for the battery will it return to home with enough battery to make it home or will it continue mission and start to land when battery reaches critical?

The Phantom's Low Battery RTH will override the mission and cause the bird to immediately return to the recorded home point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31