Litchi waypoints exciting

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I`m wondering how far out you guys push the phantom without having contact with it when using waypoints.
I did a new record today, spent some minutes without having any signal.

(For thoose who think about safety, I flew 80 meters high and mostly over water and fields as you can see)

Check out the link to see my route today;)
Dropbox - 2015-09-28 17.20.14.png

Nice Flight... Ive done about the same distance with my P2V+ a year ago, don't wanna push it with the P3 though, but now maybe I will.

Hi everyone

I`m wondering how far out you guys push the phantom without having contact with it when using waypoints.
I did a new record today, spent some minutes without having any signal.

(For thoose who think about safety, I flew 80 meters high and mostly over water and fields as you can see)

Check out the link to see my route today;)
Dropbox - 2015-09-28 17.20.14.png
So you flew it over 24,000 feet round trip on litchi' waypoint. If that's correct that is awesome. Have had much time to play with it but will have to try something like that

Yes I did, Litchi works great. I`m kind of nervous when I loose the signal, but I figure that theese systems are far better pilots than any human being.
Just think of an airliner, pilots are not flying them, computers are.

Ofcourse things can fail, but I trust litchi that this thing is flying far better than I`m.
When you look at the video after, the fying is super smooth;)

That's AWESOME! Talk about having nerves of steel :)

At what distance are you losing signal/regaining signal?

Flying out from waypoint 1 obviously and if you follow the route you can see I`ve added two small text labels where I loose signal and where it comes back on the way home.
In meteres it`s around 300/ 400 meters due to some houses around the start of the route. Also I`m not flying that high.

It`s pretty fun;)

Before doing this I would go to a map and calculate the distance +- and calculate the flight time.
Let`s say route is 6 km and your speed is 42 km/h.

(6 / 42) * 60 = 8,57 minutes.

I think the Litchi calculates right and yes it does but just making sure if you want to fly a greater distance. And btw be prepared for headwind on the way home...

Excellent work DJJI.

I have a question.... does the software allow the aircraft to fly out farther than estimated battery level can return to home? Could you in essence program waypoints that would ( on paper not including head/tail winds) out fly the capacity of the battery?

In fact I haven`t tried that, but I woulden`t recommend flying > 8 minutes out.
I guess you regret if it falls somewhere because of low voltage....
Not sure if I understand you`re last question, but sure you can fly waypoints for 22/23 minutes.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4