Litchi Waypoints ~ Control Problem

Reaction score
Tried waypoints in Litchi for the first time. Started in the FPV mode with normal takeoff and flying.

Then I switched to waypoints mode, created 3 waypoints and started the mission. It uploaded it to the drone and it started flying.

It flew to the first waypoint without problem, but there it stopped. Confused I tried moving the sticks. It's GPS position seemed locked, only moving up and down with the right stick (which normally is the movement stick). The up/down stick did nothing. I got slightly worried as I could not move my drone. I paused the mission and tried again. No difference.

Then I went to FPV, still no control. Switched to ATTI on the controller and flew it back manually. Did not risk RTH in case I could not move it during descent. Landed the drone manually in ATTI which was no problem, but slightly uncomfortable for someone used to using P-GPS.

Might have been able to just press RTH or switch back and forth between ATTI and PGPS to solve it. But would not risk a flyaway with my 1000$ toy.

My question is, what happend?

Seems you might need to read the instructions or watch a few videos on how you use litchi.
To stop a mission switch to P mode at any time
What were the 3 waypoint parameters, a simple fly from one to another ? Or were you using actions such as pause at waypoint etc.

If you visit flylitchi.com you can use the Hub to create missions and save them, any issues with a mission occur you can send the link to the mission using the web address and others can see it and check for any issues.

I've done several guides to Litchi myself and they are on my YouTube site

FlymyPhantom

Seems you might need to read the instructions or watch a few videos on how you use litchi.
To stop a mission switch to P mode at any time
What were the 3 waypoint parameters, a simple fly from one to another ? Or were you using actions such as pause at waypoint etc.

FlymyPhantom

I will read some more about instructions.

Now, I am pretty sure I started waypoints in regular P mode, not F mode. So I could not switch to P mode. (Might be wrong on this though, if it's not possible to start waypoints in P mode)

There was no parameters, just clicked three random points and started it.

From Litchi Instructions.

Flying a Mission

Prior to flying a mission, tap the Camera Settings icon at the right of the Litchi display and

confirm that your camera modes are as desired. Make certain there are no obstacles

between the aircraft’s initial position and the first waypoint. For Phantom 3 and Inspire, the

flight mode switch on the controller must be in the F position (the “Function” mode) for

Litchi missions to proceed autonomously. For the Phantom 4 the switch remains in the “P”

position for autonomous flight. You may take off manually if you wish (with the flight mode

switch in the P position). With your aircraft in a hover, change the Flight Mode Switch to the

F mode (Phantom 3 & Inspire only) and then touch the "Start/Pause" button located in the

left button bar on the Litchi display. You may also initiate your mission from the ground by

placing the flight mode switch in the F mode (Phantom 3 & Inspire) and then touching the

“Start/Pause” button.

If you receive a “Requirements Not Met” error message, confirm that your controller is

definitely in the F mode (Phantom 3 & Inspire only). If you are initiating a mission from a

hover, try climbing to a higher altitude or fly a little further from the takeoff point and re-try

the Start/Pause button. When prompted, confirm your intent to begin the mission and your

aircraft will initially climb to 6 meters (about 20 ft.) and then proceed autonomously to the

first waypoint in a direct path, where the mission will commence.

Thanks Bryan. Using Litchi for awhile and I have a problem with RTH while doing Pano yesterday. It land straight down from wherever it is.

Have had this problem off and on..... mostly on.

Thanks Bryan. Using Litchi for awhile and I have a problem with RTH while doing Pano yesterday. It land straight down from wherever it is.

Have had this problem off and on..... mostly on.
How far away was your Phantom? If it was too close (within 65 ft/20 m), this is normal and expected behavior for RTH (per the manual). In addition, if it was fairly close, there's no need for RTH anyway. Just land manually.

Thinking back, it was about 100 ft up but only 30ft out. May have been to close.

Thanks Pharm

Hi all New to the forum but have been flying for a over a year now. Tried Litchi way-points for the first time last night. Started in P mode to make sure the compass was calibrated then moved to F mode and flew up close to my first way-points altitude. I then engaged the mission with out issue. ( This mission will take the unit out of radio contact but was confident based on all that I read that it would finish the mission). first way-point was a success and then the signal started to drop and I did not panic as the GPS map still showed the unit moving toward the destination. after about 30-40 sec's of no signal of picture I walked up m,y stairs a bit and the image popped back on with a weak signal. The unit was now hovering after but not RTH or completing the mission. So i jumped in the car and drove over to where the last image I saw was. Long story short i got the unit back after it auto landed it self from a low battery and driving around looking in peoples yards.

I do not recall pressing anything or changing anything after the signal loss, i am wondering why the unti would not have completed the mission and come home... any thoughts ?

I have flight logs and data in Excel form if anyone wants to take a crack. I am hoping it was glitch as i want to try a long distance mission again.

Thanks
Dan

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl