Litchi waypoint question

Reaction score
For a while I've been putting off trying waypoints with Litchi in case something goes wrong.

I've decided that the safest option would be to get the bird about a hundred feet up, start the mission and arrange for it to end with the bird hovering in mid air so I can bring it down manually.

Would that be possible?

For a while I've been putting off trying waypoints with Litchi in case something goes wrong.

I've decided that the safest option would be to get the bird about a hundred feet up, start the mission and arrange for it to end with the bird hovering in mid air so I can bring it down manually.

Would that be possible?
Yes ... you can launch and switch to waypoint mode, then load the mission, fly the mission and switch back to FPV mode and bring it back.
Just flick the mode switch back at any time to interrupt the mission.

Benny,

Yes. That's pretty much how I do all of my Litchi GS (waypoint) flights. I actually plan my mission with the first and last waypoints very near me. I plan the mission and save it. Set the bird up and start Litchi. I put the bird in the air close to my first waypoint to make sure the bird is good and ready to go. Then I switch Litchi to GS mode from FPV. With the map up I load up my saved mission. I then flip the switch from P to F mode. I recheck my mission setting and hit play. If I want to abort the mission, I just flip the switch back to P. Otherwise, I complete the mission and the bird will hover at my last waypoint. Then I flip to P and bring it in to land.

Jerry

Benny,

Yes. That's pretty much how I do all of my Litchi GS (waypoint) flights. I actually plan my mission with the first and last waypoints very near me. I plan the mission and save it. Set the bird up and start Litchi. I put the bird in the air close to my first waypoint to make sure the bird is good and ready to go. Then I switch Litchi to GS mode from FPV. With the map up I load up my saved mission. I then flip the switch from P to F mode. I recheck my mission setting and hit play. If I want to abort the mission, I just flip the switch back to P. Otherwise, I complete the mission and the bird will hover at my last waypoint. Then I flip to P and bring it in to land.

Jerry
Same here.

First and last WP very near your HP and have it hover at the end. Use the Litchi hub to set up your missions when you can - it's much easier that way. Double check your altitudes for each WP.

I do exactly the same and never had a problem.

Just don't forget to hit the button if you wanna record the mission.

Reactions: Jtrjr
Vich,

I set the recording mode to "auto-record" in Litchi. It'll start recording as soon as you fire up the bird and shut off when you shut the motors down.

Jerry

Reactions: Dounin Front
I start the mission immediately at auto takeoff. The drone automatically goes to the first waypoint altitude then to the first waypoint. Saves battery time. This is after conducting a "runup" with a fresh battery.

Last edited:
I tried way points for the first time today. Only had the Litchi app a few days and it worked perfect. I am having a issue with the Mission Hub syncing with my tablet but the mission I put together at the field went great. Did 3 short ones. Used the "Pencil" tool to draw a quick route and changed the WP heights and speed, took off, when to 25 feet and hit go! Completed the mission and drew up a new one and hit go. I hope to get the mission Hub problem sorted out soon.

I tried way points for the first time today. Only had the Litchi app a few days and it worked perfect. I am having a issue with the Mission Hub syncing with my tablet but the mission I put together at the field went great. Did 3 short ones. Used the "Pencil" tool to draw a quick route and changed the WP heights and speed, took off, when to 25 feet and hit go! Completed the mission and drew up a new one and hit go. I hope to get the mission Hub problem sorted out soon.
Make sure your tablet is on the internet.

Yes I also discovered the auto-record setting and have used it ever since. No more, "Oh gee, I forgot to hit the record button."
Yes. Another advantage is, afterwards,you'll find the Litchi log is in sync with the video, which is helpful if you're overlaying some of that data.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers