Litchi Waypoint POI Focus not working

Reaction score
I ran a Litchi WayPoint mission and used POI for the focus of some of the way points. The P3P rotated in the correct direction, but the gimbal never changed pitch.
For each WayPoint, the WayPoint Heading is set to Waypoint Defined and Gimbal Pitch is set to Focus POI. But for some reason the Gimbal pitch never changed.
Using Android app.

Help - Litchi

Last edited:
Is everything set properly in DJI camera settings/menu?

Does the drone icon turn to the POI on the waypoint app setup page and does the gimbal angle change as indicated on the waypoint "numerical" settings page?

In other words in the Litchi app where you set up the waypoint mission, can you see the drone icon pointing to the POI? Then in addition open the waypoint setting for each waypoint number and look at the gimbal pitch, Focus POI setting, etc. does the gimbal pitch change if you change the POI elevation?

I've had problems too, I suspect Litchi might be a bit buggy or maybe I just don't fully understand all the parameters and their interactions.

It would help to specify which you're using, Android or ios.

Is everything set properly in DJI camera settings/menu?

Does the drone icon turn to the POI on the waypoint app setup page and does the gimbal angle change as indicated on the waypoint "numerical" settings page?

In other words in the Litchi app where you set up the waypoint mission, can you see the drone icon pointing to the POI? Then in addition open the waypoint setting for each waypoint number and look at the gimbal pitch, Focus POI setting, etc. does the gimbal pitch change if you change the POI elevation?
Yep, it does. And if I change the POI height I see that it changes the gimbal pitch and stuff.

I'm a Litchi IOS user. I think the problem is an archived gimbal setting from the DJI App. Check your gimbal settings in Go.

S

I'm a Litchi IOS user. I think the problem is an archived gimbal setting from the DJI App. Check your gimbal settings in Go.

S
What does that mean? What setting do you think would be affecting gimbal pitching in litchi? Be more specific to your suggestion please.

Be more specific to your suggestion please.

In the DJI Go app: Settings (Upper right corner)/tap the camera icon on the left, Select Gimbel Mode: Follow. (Not FPV).

Let me know.

S

ps.s. and of course you need to do it with your bird connected.

In the DJI Go app: Settings (Upper right corner)/tap the camera icon on the left, Select Gimbel Mode: Follow. (Not FPV).

Let me know.

S

ps.s. and of course you need to do it with your bird connected.

Hi,
Hmm, i do not think that setting in DJI GO is affecting this. I also have the problem with Litchi POI altitude, i.e that the POI+Altitude is not always in the center of the picture (as i would expect it to be), the DJI Go setting is set to "Follow" in my case.
One thought i have, but have not tested yet, is that too much yaw movement prior to the focusing of the POI is affecting the precision. I.e more distance (or lower speed) coming to a POI focus would give better precision.
Cheers !!

Hi,
Hmm, i do not think that setting in DJI GO is affecting this. I also have the problem with Litchi POI altitude, i.e that the POI+Altitude is not always in the center of the picture (as i would expect it to be), the DJI Go setting is set to "Follow" in my case.
One thought i have, but have not tested yet, is that too much yaw movement prior to the focusing of the POI is affecting the precision. I.e more distance (or lower speed) coming to a POI focus would give better precision.
Cheers !!
Remember, that POI altitude is relative to the Homepoint, not the ground at the POI. If there is much difference in ground level from the home to the poi, you need to take that into consideration. For example, it the ground has risen 20 ft between the HP and WP, setting the POI altitude to 20 ft would put the focus at the ground. Also, POI placement and bird position are both subject to the relative accuracy of the GPS in the sUAS. A RSS error of 1-3 meters in any direction would not be unusual.

Reactions: JB999
Remember, that POI altitude is relative to the Homepoint, not the ground at the POI. If there is much difference in ground level from the home to the poi, you need to take that into consideration. For example, it the ground has risen 20 ft between the HP and WP, setting the POI altitude to 20 ft would put the focus at the ground. Also, POI placement and bird position are both subject to the relative accuracy of the GPS in the sUAS. A RSS error of 1-3 meters in any direction would not be unusual.
Oh, how correct that is ! That is definitely the reason for my "misplaced" focus points. Thanks !

Since you solved my mistake with POI altitude, perhaps you also know the answer to this: When losing signal (for a few minutes) during a Litchi waypoint mission, the flight log uploaded to healthydrone is "blind" for the part of the flight without signal, understandably. But is there another, complete log, stored on the AC memory card, that could be used instead?
Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Not sure what all is on the internal file, but you can plug a cord into the USB port on the front of the bird and the other end into your PC or laptop. You 'turn it on ' in the Go app. Download the files there. Sorry, I know that various approaches have been discussed here on how to read those files, but don't know where they are.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4