Litchi waypoint final action?

Reaction score
This afternoon I ran a Litchi waypoint mission, which ran flawlessly until the final waypoint. I had the final action set to "None", so expected the P4 to simply hover at the final waypoint position. I've flown quite a few missions in the past which have done just this. However, this time the craft carried on through the final waypoint and ended up hovering above the point it took off from. It wasn't a problem and I landed the craft safely.

I've just upgraded Litchi to V 3.10.7 and wondered if anyone else has seen similar behaviour from this version?

Thanks,

Tim.

Did you use the the Mission Hub to create this mission, and if so, any chance that you can place a link here to the mission as it was set up and flown? This is a very useful way for others to remotely access what may have happened on that end of it.

It sounds like you are well experienced with Litchi and probably have it down, but my procedure is to manually fly the copter from takeoff to a position near the first waypoint, and then I upload the mission once I feel that everything is stable. I always set my final waypoint to be right next to the first waypoint - which is always near where I am - and the final action is always RTH. I then cancel this action just before, or as soon as it begins, and then I land the copter manually. I do this because - and I know that it is very rare - if there was ever an issue with the remote while I was flying - such as my dropping and breaking it - at least I would get the copter back somewhat predictably...

All in all, I am very trusting of the software, but I do choose to be quite conservative and careful with how I use it..

Reactions: Ray ZA
Unfortunately I planned the mission on the tablet, so nothing on Mission Hub. I conduct my Litchi missions almost exactly as you do, in that I fly to a point around 100 metres from take-off (which is close to the first waypoint) and then start the mission. The final waypoint is very close to the first. The only difference from your procedure is that I don't set a final action, so the P4 normally hovers at the final waypoint. I then take control and land the craft myself.

Like you, I am very safety-conscious, which is why I would like to understand why the behaviour changed this time. As I said, there was no danger or loss of control, but I like to understand exactly why the Phantom does what it does, and this, so far, is unexplained.

It should hover at the last point if you set Finish action as None.

Check if you set last waypoint as the initial point.

I always use mission hub to plan out missions and later on download to my tablet.

The only thing that could explain what happened on that mission is a smart RTH due to low battery, but you would have seen that on the tablet.

So, it sounds like a bit more experimenting is in order then, in a wide opened location.

I am planning my first mission and like to know what the Litchi waypoints mission initial and final behavior is.
I don't see the "action" "RTH" in Litchi waypoint action table. Is that correct ? What if I want everything to be automated with Litchi, from take off to RTH ?
Thanks.

Just to complete the thread, you can set the mission start and end behaviors in the settings. Start can take off and End can RTH.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl