Litchi waypoint error

Reaction score
Hi. I'm new to this forum but been flying my Phantom for sometime.

I have recently ditched the DJI Go app and I am using Litchi as I am interested in long range missions.

I have flown a few short distance missions with Litchi no problem but I have now come across an issue that I hope someone can help me with.

I have set a Mission in the mission hub covering 3.9miles (6.2km) but when I try to load this to the drone I get the following error " The distance between adjacent waypoints is too large" or similar. however even if I add lots more waypoint (like every 500ft) I still get the error.

I have seen many flights on youtube with litchi where people have gone far further than this..

I have made sure the DJI app is not in beginner mode, no range limitation and the DJI is closed whilst I have Litchi open.

Can anyone help or explain what could be wrong.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Are you trying to fly outside the default range limit, the red ring, the 500 meters from launch? If so, change the limit to a larger number.

Thanks for the reply.. I don't have the red ring, and the maximum distance option in the Dji app is disabled. So that shouldn't be an issue. I just don't get why it won't let me fly longer missions? Annoying as this is the main reason I bought it !

Keep in mind distance between waypoints is 2km max and I think their is a 2-5m minimum, and total mission distance is 10-12km, also distance between first and last needs to be less than 2km. Also double check dji go settings on distance limit as mention before as well as litchi distance limits.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply.... This could be the problem then.. So if you are saying that the distance between the first waypoint and the last can be no further than 2km that's why it's not working... What I am trying to do is over 6km. Is there any way around this?

No way around, besides I trust litchi, but why not end your mission within eyeshot, if you ended your mission at 6km and did not designate a rth action at the last waypoint and you lost signal imagine the consequences.

I have only 2 problems with Litchi:

1) Incorrect route map on healthydrones.
2) Video signal bar shows strong signal while the connection is lost i.e. no signal.

And a one more question: can i edit Litchi`s mission log in order to read and emulate my flight in DJI Go app?

My plan was to set it on the mission and drive to the location and manually land it on my arrival. There is no way I'd have signal at 6km. The signal on my p3s is crap

I tried flying my first mission and went through exactly what the OP went through. My mission in no way was over 2km and got the same error "The distance between adjacent waypoints is too large". My waypoints were maybe about 100m apart too. Going to try again later but the lack of real documentation for this app is disappointing to say the least! I also cannot see/find a default range limit as was suggested in this thread.

I tried flying my first mission and went through exactly what the OP went through. My mission in no way was over 2km and got the same error "The distance between adjacent waypoints is too large". My waypoints were maybe about 100m apart too. Going to try again later but the lack of real documentation for this app is disappointing to say the least! I also cannot see/find a default range limit as was suggested in this thread.
Lack of documentation? Have you read the help files on their website, quite detailed, as far as distance I agree they aren't there as they seem to change from time to time due to dji. With that said why don't you share your mission inside the mission hub and post the link here so we can see what you might be doing incorrectly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4