Litchi Waypoint Altitude ?

Reaction score
Will altitude changes in a waypoint mission still take place if bird disconnects from the controller?

Will altitude changes in a waypoint mission still take place if bird disconnects from the controller?
Litchi loads the programming for a waypoint mission into the Phantom so it can continue even when communication with the controller is broken.
That's height, speed, waypoints ... everything

It should follow the programmed mission unless there is a specific issue with the bird. Once the mission is loaded, all is handed over to the bird to execute

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Litchi loads the programming for a waypoint mission into the Phantom so it can continue even when communication with the controller is broken.
That's height, speed, waypoints ... everything

Yeah that statement simply isn't true. I know from experience that Litchi if it loses connection with the RC won't do gimbal changes as well as if you set a stop and photo shot.

Reactions: bkushner and Pharm
Yeah that statement simply isn't true. I know from experience that Litchi if it loses connection with the RC won't do gimbal changes as well as if you set a stop and photo shot.
Ok all but the everything. It does keep the speed ,height and way points. I'm not sure on the stop & photo. because I'm using the version for P2. if you need to adjust the camera with the controller for the shot yes it's not going to work it's not getting the signal..

Are we mixing up a loss of connection scenario and a smart RTH scenario? I believe a loss of connection with Litchi is almost to be expected as it performs the mission. So that makes little sense. Now with my last and first mission I guess I had smart RTH on in the GO app and when the battery cross the red line it stopped turned around and headed home. There was little I could do short of nudging it to go a little faster and land

Are we mixing up a loss of connection scenario and a smart RTH scenario? I believe a loss of connection with Litchi is almost to be expected as it performs the mission. So that makes little sense. Now with my last and first mission I guess I had smart RTH on in the GO app and when the battery cross the red line it stopped turned around and headed home. There was little I could do short of nudging it to go a little faster and land

:confused::rolleyes:you got me. It sounds like they flow out of RC range in Litchi way point and was expecting to still control the gimbal. I maybe misunderstanding. as for RTH I'll never been able to push it any faster. now it maybe different in the P4 but in my p3a I get 18mph and p2v+ 17 mph.

Last week when we were in chandler... I tried that mission and when it crossed the red line it turned around and flew home.

I could make it go faster, but couldn't cancel the return to home.

It was my last battery so I didn't try again!

But I had signal the whole time

Per Litchi support, AC will continue its mission even when it disconnects from RC. The gimbal moves are managed by the app. So if you loose contact with the AC, the gimbal will keep the last known position and keep it there. In the vid below, you will see that only the first few WPs were successful in executing Interpolate. During the middle of the mission (1:20), there were Interpolate actions (-90 deg) as well but did not execute. Did not loose signal but it was weak (45%). Litchi said that could have been the cause. But on the last Interpolate action (-90 deg) just before the vid ends (2:00), signal was 100% and Interpolate still did not execute. Litchi has no explanation for it.

Last edited:
Last week when we were in chandler... I tried that mission and when it crossed the red line it turned around and flew home.

I could make it go faster, but couldn't cancel the return to home.

It was my last battery so I didn't try again!

But I had signal the whole time

to take control back from RTH should toggle the switch from P to A and back to P. If you have good signal it would switch back to GPS.

Per Litchi support, AC will continue its mission even when it disconnects from RC. The gimbal moves are managed by the app. So if you loose contact with the AC, the gimbal will keep the last known position and keep it there. In the vid below, you will see that only the first few WPs were successful in executing Interpolate. During the middle of the mission (1:20), there were Interpolate actions (-90 deg) as well but did not execute. Did not loose signal but it was weak (45%). Litchi said that could have been the cause. But on the last Interpolate action (-90 deg) just before the vid ends (2:00), signal was 100% and Interpolate still did not execute. Litchi has no explanation for it.

In your Litchi Mission at the end for the (-90 deg) interpolate, did you set the interpolate for the waypoint before that (-90 deg)? I learned in the Litchi Filmschool that in order for interpolate to work, that the waypoint prior to the actual (-90 deg) gimbal move, has to be set also and I believe at a different angle for it to be able to move to the (-90 deg) or pointing down angle and also the waypoint after as well to get the gimbal back to the angle you want to continue on at. You may want to try it if you didn't already have it set accordingly. I haven't tried it my self, but it was explained to me that way.
Nice video there.

In your Litchi Mission at the end for the (-90 deg) interpolate, did you set the interpolate for the waypoint before that (-90 deg)? I learned in the Litchi Filmschool that in order for interpolate to work, that the waypoint prior to the actual (-90 deg) gimbal move, has to be set also and I believe at a different angle for it to be able to move to the (-90 deg) or pointing down angle and also the waypoint after as well to get the gimbal back to the angle you want to continue on at. You may want to try it if you didn't already have it set accordingly. I haven't tried it my self, but it was explained to me that way.
Nice video there.

Yes, I had the previous WP set to interpolate at 0 deg. Then the next WP after that is also interpolate but at -90 deg. Then the one after that is interpolate at 0 deg. I shared my mission in the hub with the Litchi tech. He tested it with his simulator and it worked just fine for him. However in the real mission, it didn't work for me even though signal was 100%. Litchi does not have an explanation. My gut feeling is, there is a bug within the app. Only if you have the first WPs set to interpolate will it work. The following ones will not work. Or it could be because I had it set to curved turns. Or could be a combination of both. Same thing happened in a mission I ran 3 weeks ago. I will test this again soon. If someone else can test it other than me, that would be helpful.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Yes, I had the previous WP set to interpolate at 0 deg. Then the next WP after that is also interpolate but at -90 deg. Then the one after that is interpolate at 0 deg. I shared my mission in the hub with the Litchi tech. He tested it with his simulator and it worked just fine for him. However in the real mission, it didn't work for me even though signal was 100%. Litchi does not have an explanation. My gut feeling is, there is a bug within the app. Only if you have the first WPs set to interpolate will it work. The following ones will not work. Same thing happened in a mission I ran 3 weeks ago. I will test this again soon. If someone can test it other than me, that would be helpful.

That's interesting. You did everything right and it still didn't work. Could be a bug. I can try it but it may not be for quite some time before I can get to it. If I can get to it, I will post my results. Thanks and good luck on your mission.

Ok...I tested Litchi interpolate this morning at a field close to my house. I knew I would have good signal the entire mission here. I'm happy to report that it works flawlessly if you have good signal for the entire mission. My gut feeling that it is a bug can be disregarded. Read my comments above regarding this. I know Litchi will keep the last known gimbal position if you loose connection. The only reason I can come up with why it failed in my previous mission is the signal became weak at one point. I did not disconnect from what I could see. Or maybe signal was lost briefly but it wasn't noticeable from FPV. I haven't had a chance to review the log. Still don't know why interpolate did not work when connection was restored. Perhaps another thing to look in to. At least I can stop scratching my head now that I know it really works.

To the OP, sorry for hijacking this thread. I know this is about altitude. I didn't want to leave anyone hanging about interpolate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues