Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Litchi vs DJI GO

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by Glock4me, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Glock4me

Has anyone had any experience with the Litchi control app vs the DJI GO. Pros, cons, comments?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

2. mcphipps

Welcome Glock4me.

I have just started using Litchi myself. It took me a while to try it. Now that I have so far I am impressed with it. I am still trying out the different things, but overall it is better the DJI Go App in my opinion. Others may think differently.

You can check other threads that discuss just what you are looking for. If you scroll down to the bottom of the page you will see other threads that are similar to the topic you are asking about.

You have came to the right place for information. Enjoy your time here. Be sure to read all you can. There are tons of threads on just about any subject you can think of that has to do with the quad-copters. The search function works well here. Use it often, you will find what ever you need. In that rare case that you can not, there are great people here to help. Thanks for coming to Phantom Pilots! You are family now.
    If you need any help/parts, please visit:

www.PhantomHelp.com

Mike

3. Techcop50

I bought it, never could get it to work without a 2-4 second lag on my Galaxy S5. Tried it on my LG tablet, too. Same issues. Emailed for a refund, got no reply. I'll try it again when I upgrade my phone, someday.

4. mcphipps

After I purchased it, I used it on my Acer Iconia tab8. Have some video lag with it. Then I installed it on my Nvidia Shield and I have been getting good results. I did not purchase the IOS version for my Ipad. Probably won't. Works OK on the Android device.

Techcop50 likes this.
  5. buford

Can you purchase it for multiple devices? I have an lg phone, and a fire tablet, and I'm looking to getaway from dji go. I guess what I mean is, do I have to buy it twice for each of my devices?

6. mcphipps

I don't think so.
    There's one for Android devices and then the app for IOS
    I think if you purchase for Android, you can use it on all your android devices.
    I put it on two of my Android Tablets. Only bought it once.

7. Chris_Croft

Looking at it is better on Android as it has more modes, Autopilot would be what I used on iOS.

gvsukids likes this.
  8. buford

That's all I was wondering. I've got to get away from all these updates from dji. There may be updates with litchi, but I doubt they would be as problematic as dji's updates. Thanks.

9. Sunny1975lucky

I've just started using litchi and I like it. Flew a couple of missions with it and it's been faultless. Worth the money and works fine on my ipad mini 2.

10. cbgeorge

Does the Litchi have better video channel selection then DJI go? the DJI go cut it down to channels 13-20 only.

11. tcope

Keep in mind, Litchi is subject to all firmware issues. They only way it might be more protected is when DJI updates the Go app alone. Most people have not had an issue with the Go app updates.

12. tcope

There is a hack that can be applied to the Go app to expand the range of the channels just as in Litchi. You can search the forum on how to do this. It's very simple.

13. gvsukids