Litchi VS DJI Go

Reaction score
Hello there all of you

I`m pleased with the new app from DJI, there is only three problems I know of:
1: My samsung s5 and tab s lags, tried diffrent things to get rid of the problem. I will not rollback google play service.
2: Waypoints only after you self have flown the route.
3: No over exsposure warning for android

I have an Ipad that works great but still, I feel like I don`t get the full potential for my bird with the DJI GO.

SO, should I buy litchi? If I don`t like it, can I just open DJI go and use that istead?
Switch between them?

How is the setup process for litchi, how long time? do you have to do many things before it may work?

Thanks in advance

Downloaded Litchi and will try it when I get home;)
Already planned a route with waypoints;) Sweeet!

My comments:
1) Same here, S6 and tab s 8.4, too much background stuff
2) More safe that way when I see what some do and want to do with it.
3) The histogram will show you over exposure, but yes, no message.

Liitchi won't help with the lag and has no settings for the camera at this time. The Go app is _far_ better when it comes to camera settings. I'm pretty sure the Go app can display a histogram for help with over-exposure. I've found that the auto mode is very good but it has it's limitations as all auto modes do, it takes a moment to adjust to a change of light. But this is where filming and photographing practice comes in. Litchi will allow you to set waypoints without flying them of course. It allows you to set a time delay at each point and banked turns. I don't know if it allows any manually control while flying waypoints as the Go app does. The Go app allows you to rotate the craft while flying and even back up along the waypoint route while flying. This of the Go app's waypoints as a "cable cam" view/flight. You are setting up a flight path. You fly to those locations and check the framing and then lock them in. Now when you hit start you no longer need to fly the craft and can focus on operating just the camera. The Go waypoint feature is not about flying far away, uncontrolled... it's about allowing better camera shots.

... Now when you hit start you no longer need to fly the craft and can focus on operating just the camera. The Go waypoint feature is not about flying far away, uncontrolled... it's about allowing better camera shots.
Be sure you have set enough points if you are flying in an area with some obstacles at the flight altitude. The phantom will not follow where you have flight but straight between the points you marked.
The app will show you were you had flight (white) and the path that will be replayed (blue). So better to double check where they don't overlap.

Liitchi won't help with the lag and has no settings for the camera at this time. The Go app is _far_ better when it comes to camera settings. I'm pretty sure the Go app can display a histogram for help with over-exposure. I've found that the auto mode is very good but it has it's limitations as all auto modes do, it takes a moment to adjust to a change of light. But this is where filming and photographing practice comes in. Litchi will allow you to set waypoints without flying them of course. It allows you to set a time delay at each point and banked turns. I don't know if it allows any manually control while flying waypoints as the Go app does. The Go app allows you to rotate the craft while flying and even back up along the waypoint route while flying. This of the Go app's waypoints as a "cable cam" view/flight. You are setting up a flight path. You fly to those locations and check the framing and then lock them in. Now when you hit start you no longer need to fly the craft and can focus on operating just the camera. The Go waypoint feature is not about flying far away, uncontrolled... it's about allowing better camera shots.

Litchi will help with the lag on some devices due to the fact that they've been able to enable hardware decoding of the video stream. It great helps with my note 4 and nexus 7/2nd gen.

It definitely allows manual control of the gimbal yaw and pitch while flying waypoint. or you can let the app control both yaw and pitch. The GO app automatically yaws but CAN NOT control gimbal pitch. Litchi can. Imagine if you set WP#1 at ground level to focus on a tree and WP#2 @ 100ft still focused on tree by pitching gimbal down. DJI GO Will automatically pitch the gimbal for you when you try to fly this. Litchi can,.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub