Litchi Vs. DJI App.

Reaction score
Wondering if one is better than the other. I've watched a few videos and was worried if a Non DJI App is OK to actually use with my 3 standard. New to the hobby so I don't want to jump around from app to app. Any insights?

Roswell051

Sent from my SM-N920T using PhantomPilots mobile app

You are right, practice with the DJI free app first and lateron decide to buy additional apps.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Roswell051
Wondering if one is better than the other. I've watched a few videos and was worried if a Non DJI App is OK to actually use with my 3 standard. New to the hobby so I don't want to jump around from app to app. Any insights?
They are both good.
Litchi adds some additional features but many flyers don't need those.
Learn everything about flying with DJI Go first and you can get Litchi later if you feel that you need some of its features.

New to the hobby so I don't want to jump around from app to app.
Litchi doesn't completely replace the functionality of DJI GO, so you will sometimes need to jump back and forth to change some of the settings, install firmware, etc.

Have others had problems with Litchi freezing? I don't personally use it but have talked with a fair amount of pilots who say they've had freezing issues (along with all other 3rd-party apps) so they've chosen to exclusively use DJI GO.

Just thought I'd throw it out there. Not sure if it is a case of "it used to be that way but it no longer is."

Never had any issues with Litchi since the first day of using it. I use an iPad Air 2 with it. WP missions are always successful except for some Interpolate issues that may have been related to weak signal. Other than that, I use Litchi 95% of the time. I use GO app on non autonomous flights while on P mode. That's about it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Since the last few updates DJI Go now stutters and lags on the video feed, making my standard un-flyable.

Purchased Litchi and now I use that, no stuttering, extra features, full channel list without the need to mod the app unlike Go, VR mode. Love it.

You may have issue with DJI warranty using the Litchi app, may not matter depending how long you have had your standard. Having said that I use Litchi quite a bit especially for Waypoint missions.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31