Litchi vs Autopilot

Reaction score
Hey guys. I've noticed a decent amount of threads about the Litchi app, but I haven't seen one about the Autopilot app. Does anyone here use it ? If so, how is it compared to the Litchi app ?

Would be very curious here myself. Litchi already sounds superior to GO, especially in mission planning. Have heard very little about Autopilot, however.

Autopilot is a very powerful app potentially allowing for more complex shots/missions than litchi I believe but I've never been able to understand it all. It's too confusing Imo. Litchi on the other hand is far more straight forward. Both apps are far superior to DJI GO app for automated/waypoint/POI flights

I too would be interested to hear from someone fluent with both appa

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: grizgrin
Both are great apps. I started with Litchi so stuck with it :)

I'm pretty new to flying drones (got my Phantom 4 last month). I got AutoPilot a week ago and been playing around with it. Yesterday, I was able to create a waypoint flight plan where it was taking video while doing the flight plan, stop on each waypoint and take a panorama and then move on again. It was pretty slick! Needless to say, I'm very impressed with AutoPilot. It's got a lot of options and it will take some time to learn but it is well worth it.

I'm pretty new to flying drones (got my Phantom 4 last month). I got AutoPilot a week ago and been playing around with it. Yesterday, I was able to create a waypoint flight plan where it was taking video while doing the flight plan, stop on each waypoint and take a panorama and then move on again. It was pretty slick! Needless to say, I'm very impressed with AutoPilot. It's got a lot of options and it will take some time to learn but it is well worth it.

A week ago I purchased Autopilot and been playing around with it, I was on the fence on whether to buy Litchi or Autopilot. How do you make Autopilot stop on a waypoint, take a panorama and move on to the next waypoint.
Is it under Advanced settings?.

One thing to mention is that I worked my way up from beginner to intermediate but have not explored Advanced Autopilot's flight.

Both are great apps. I started with Litchi so stuck with it :)

Does Litchi allows you to create a mission before you even go out?.

One of key point I like about Autopilot is that I can create my mission before I even leave the house. Then when I get to where I want to fly I launch Autopilot, load my mission and go..

Yes Litchi allows offline planning for missions. If you are on the hills, you need time to carefully watch the elevations for safe flying and thus it's better to plan before go for flying.

Autopilot may be equally good but as I started using litchi first, I don't need to switch to another.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

A week ago I purchased Autopilot and been playing around with it, I was on the fence on whether to buy Litchi or Autopilot. How do you make Autopilot stop on a waypoint, take a panorama and move on to the next waypoint.
Is it under Advanced settings?.

One thing to mention is that I worked my way up from beginner to intermediate but have not explored Advanced Autopilot's flight.

When you add a waypoint, you can bring up the options for that waypoint. One of the options you have is to add actions to it under 'Actions->Add Actions'. There you can have it 'hover', do a vertical move or do a pano.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr