Litchi very bad range

Reaction score
Hi, i have an P3S and in litchi i only Get about a 100 meters distance and height.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I was really thinking about downloading that app does anybody else have any opinions and experiences I also have the Standard is the Litchi app worth it for the standard?

I was really thinking about downloading that app does anybody else have any opinions and experiences I also have the Standard is the Litchi app worth it for the standard?

Quite a few here love the app. The question is, does the DJI Go app do every thing you need? For me I can't justify $25 dollars for way points which is a feature I don't use. I prefer to control the flight manually. The only feature I've used in GO is course lock when I was letting my wife use it.

If you want to set way points without first flying them then Litchi is the way to go.

How far do you get with the GO App?

Atleast a lot more, i did a test for about a week ago. I got 850 m With DJI go and 300 m With Litchi. And now i only Get to 50 meters distance and 100 meters height With litchi.

Personally, I find it a little hard to believe that the app makes a lick of difference in range. When someone wants more range, do they upgrade the software or the hardware? Just sayin'

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: MasterBlaster
Personally, I find it a little hard to believe that the app makes a lick of difference in range. When someone wants more range, do they upgrade the software or the hardware?

I'm not familiar with the settings in Litchi, does the Litchi app have a setting to limit range/altitude like the beginner mode in Go.

It is also possible I suppose that Litchi uses a different WiFi channel which may or may not have an effect on range. I know for my home WiFi network I get better coverage depending on the channel I use. Can you manually select channels? If so try a different channel. If the are a lot of WiFi networks in the area use an app like WiFi Analyzer to find a channel that isn't used it the area and see if the range improves.

Just grasping at straws here.

Personally, I find it a little hard to believe that the app makes a lick of difference in range. When someone wants more range, do they upgrade the software or the hardware? Just sayin'

It Looks like only the video signal has problems, i can still use the rc to control the ac.

I'm not familiar with the settings in Litchi, does the Litchi app have a setting to limit range/altitude like the beginner mode in Go.

It is also possible I suppose that Litchi uses a different WiFi channel which may or may not have an effect on range. I know for my home WiFi network I get better coverage depending on the channel I use. Can you manually select channels? If so try a different channel. If the are a lot of WiFi networks in the area use an app like WiFi Analyzer to find a channel that isn't used it the area and see if the range improves.

Yes i can change channels, its on auto.

I downloader wifi analyzer, how do i find the channels that isnt used here?

I downloader wifi analyzer, how do i find the channels that isnt used here?

I have WiFi Analyzer by Kevin Yuan. The very first screen shows which channels are in use, the network name, and relative signal strengths. If you can manually set the channel in Litchi, use one of the unused channels.

I have anecdotally experienced reduced video range with Litchi, as well. Particularly in FPV mode. This is while flying from the same location in the country with no other wifi networks in range and under similar weather conditions. It may just be a spot of bad luck when it happens, but I have simply reverted to using Go for longer distance flights (over 250-500m) just to be safe. I still love and use Litchi for missions, panos, and FPV---just suggesting one option.

For what it's worth, there is a thread somewhere with a quote from a Litchi dev stating the channel-switching feature does not work anymore (I think due to a recent firmware change by DJI a couple of versions ago). I'll try to find the link and post it here for you.

Last edited:
I have anecdotally experienced reduced video range with Litchi, as well. Particularly in FPV mode. This is while flying from the same location in the country with no other wifi networks in range and under similar weather conditions. It may just be a spot of bad luck when it happens, but I have simply reverted to using Go for longer distance flights (over 500 feet) just to be safe. I still love Litchi---just suggesting one option.

For what it's worth, there is a thread somewhere with a quote from a Litchi dev stating the channel-switching feature does not work anymore (I think due to a recent firmware change by DJI a couple of versions ago). I'll try to find the link and post it here for you.

Oh ok:) Im using DJI Go now too.

If the video is an issue, are you sure you don't have an underspecked tablet?
I used DJI GO on an older iPad mini 2, which worked ok. But with Lichi the video got all chopped up. Had nothing to do with the actual range. I swapped with the newest iPad air and both apps performed really well. Or do you actually lose Video connection?

Quite a few here love the app. The question is, does the DJI Go app do every thing you need? For me I can't justify $25 dollars for way points which is a feature I don't use. I prefer to control the flight manually. The only feature I've used in GO is course lock when I was letting my wife use it.

If you want to set way points without first flying them then Litchi is the way to go.
"The only feature I've used in GO is course lock when I was letting my wife use it."
You let your wife touch your drone? lol That was funny.

That's what I thought too. Just downloaded Litchi so haven't tested it too much yet. But today I went to a area I've been a few times before, and went the same route. With Go I made it to 845m and stopped at that point, was going over a RR yard and didn't want to go any further. Today with Litchi I could only make it to 700m (just short of the RR yard) before the auto RTH, tried three times. Two times were at 700m the other even less. Going back maybe tomorrow and try the same route with GO.

I have anecdotally experienced reduced video range with Litchi, as well. Particularly in FPV mode. This is while flying from the same location in the country with no other wifi networks in range and under similar weather conditions. It may just be a spot of bad luck when it happens, but I have simply reverted to using Go for longer distance flights (over 250-500m) just to be safe. I still love and use Litchi for missions, panos, and FPV---just suggesting one option.

There's a option under camera setting that says "Transmission channel" with choice of (0 to 31 and auto) isn't wifi only channels 1 to 14. But since it says "Transmission" maybe that's the RC it's talking about, not the wifi. But it's under the camera settings??

Last edited:
If the video is an issue, are you sure you don't have an underspecked tablet?
I used DJI GO on an older iPad mini 2, which worked ok. But with Lichi the video got all chopped up. Had nothing to do with the actual range. I swapped with the newest iPad air and both apps performed really well. Or do you actually lose Video connection?

Its the video signal, i use an IPhone 6.

There's a option under camera setting that says "Transmission channel" with choice of (0 to 31 and auto) isn't wifi only channels 1 to 14. But since it says "Transmission" maybe that's the RC it's talking about, not the wifi. But it's under the camera settings??

You click the setting tab at the right up corner, you can find the channels there.

That's what I thought too. Just downloaded Litchi so haven't tested it too much yet. But today I went to a area I've been a few times before, and went the same route. With Go I made it to 845m and stopped at that point, was going over a RR yard and didn't want to go any further. Today with Litchi I could only make it to 700m (just short of the RR yard) before the auto RTH, tried three times. Two times were at 700m the other even less. Going back maybe tomorrow and try the same route with GO.

Ok, please update us:)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1