Litchi v3.4.0 update details

Reaction score
Just got an email about Litchi's May 2016 updates, and it says this:

- improvements to automatic gimbal control in waypoint mode

What does that mean?? Does it mean it will control the gimbal even if it's out of range from the controller? I know that's been a big point of confusion, so it would be nice if they would explain exactly what the improvements are...

Anybody know where to find out more detail?

I don't believe it will ever be able to control the gimbal if connection is lost. I'm guessing they tweaked the gimbal for smoother movement and to fix odd and abrupt movement along the way during a mission.

Reactions: Apilot101
From what I understand, Litchi controls the gimbal pitch during a mission so that it points at a POI during that mission.

For example, if you have a waypoint out 200' from your home and an altitude of 300'. Then have a POI out at 100' from home and you set it to 100'. As the phantom flies out to the waypoint, it controls the yaw of the aircraft body and adjusts the pitch of the gimbal (like you would with the wheel) to aim at the POI during the flight.

Help - Litchi
Gimbal Pitch: Choose between "Disabled" where the gimbal pitch control will be manual, "Focus POI" where Litchi will automatically control the gimbal pitch to keep the selected POI in the center of the frame (blue markers), or "Interpolate" where you can specify the gimbal pitch angle at this waypoint. For "Interpolate" to work, the previous or next waypoint need to be set to "Interpolate" as well. Litchi will then automatically adjust the gimbal pitch angle to start and end at the specified angles, and smoothly transition while travelling between the two waypoints.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj