Litchi use of Cache Maps?

Reaction score
I'm really a fan of Litchi (IOS), but it's WIFI only. Is the use of Cache maps available in Litchi? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Skyler King III
I'm really a fan of Litchi (IOS), but it's WIFI only. Is the use of Cache maps available in Litchi? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
AHHHHH. Now I know why my maps were not showing. WiFi only. Don't like that. No such problem with DJI Go and I don't see any benefit now of Litchi since the last release of Go,a side from the HealthyDrones link.

Litchi maps cache more reliably than the dji app, ime. Just this morning I could not get dji hybrid map to show properly, on my home wifi no less. I use an iPad air2 wifi only. And beyond maps if you can't see how much more powerful litchi is compared to dji, I don't think you know either app very well.

Litchi maps cache more reliably than the dji app, ime. Just this morning I could not get dji hybrid map to show properly, on my home wifi no less. I use an iPad air2 wifi only. And beyond maps if you can't see how much more powerful litchi is compared to dji, I don't think you know either app very well.

Well, if you believe that the Litchi is more powerful than the latest DJI GO, I'll study the Litchi one more. Thanks.

I have visited it (FlyLitchi.com) and I still don't see more features (other than the Mission Hub). But as I said, I'll study Litchi more. I don't like the WiFi only for maps but I guess I could use my iPhone mobil hot spot.

Litchi (at least in my case) uses a MUCH more recent set of map images. My home is now 2 years old and DJI uses an image that shows before we even cleared the land. Litchi shows the hows and most likely in the last few months.

I assume litchi/dji go uses google maps, just download your state manually from the google app

I would assume so, again, both litchi app and dji go both look to use google maps, google now allows you to download any part of the map you want, to use offline

No, dji will not update their maps just because you update Google maps. I don't believe litchi does either. The really odd thing is that dji satellite map shows a more current map than the hybrid for me! I'm sticking with satellite for now. Litchi maps have always behaved much better for me and I can zoom in further than the dji zoom allows. Also litchi maps do a two finger touch tilt, which cannot be done in the dji app.

I'm pretty certain you can't get maps wifi only with DJI either they both use cache.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Much more powerful at waypoint missions. Allows for pre-planning, don't have to fly it first and set waypoints as you fly. I like it much more than GO

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik