Litchi trumps DJI Intelligent Flight Mode by a lot!

I haven't updated to the new firmware, can I buy Litchi and fly or do i needed to downgrade FW to an even older version?

Thanks for the reply, looks like ill be upgrading tonight.
It's a must to make third party app works. Who, like me and others, use litchi before latest DJI firmware update, have to flash a special firmware called "developer firmware". Now this is not necessary anymore with latest official DJI firmware update.

I think the nerfed DJI Go Intelligent Flight Modes is not a result of incompetent DJI developers but is due to Lawyers looking to minimize any possible litigation that may arise from some unforeseen incident.

Just my 2 cents worth.

You IOS guys need to understand Apple makes things a pain to develop which is why android will always rule the custom development world.

You IOS guys need to understand Apple makes things a pain to develop which is why android will always rule the custom development world.

I really don't get this logic. Yes, Apple has an app review process and they control their ecosystem end to end. There are benefits to those things from a consumer perspective (e.g. better security (see Android Stagefright as an example), cleaner selections in App Store (i.e. not so many junk apps in like the Play Store), etc.).

What's clear and a fact is that iOS developers make more money on the iOS platform than on Android. Profit is going to drive supply & demand. Maybe the Litchi team has chosen to ignore iOS because they don't have iOS expertise or just don't really like Apple. It's definitely not because it's hard to development for iOS. Also, if they wanted to enter the iOS market, they would have Autopilot as the only true competitor, which, in a business sense, would be a smart thing for Litchi to enter so they don't give all the potential revenue away to AutoFlight Logic.

Someone said that you need to into GO to change camera settings because Litchi can't do it. Can someone clarify which camera settings? Are we talking shutter speed, or are we talking about White Balance/Resolution and other stuff in that menu? And how about photos; can we switch for Single to HDR to Bracket mode in Litchi?

Reactions: Fotokameran
Are all features unlocked with 1 time payment or are there multiple in-app purchases required for full functionality?
Any clarification on the camera settings and as someone else asked does the pro app need to be running simultaneously?
TIA

Are all features unlocked with 1 time payment or are there multiple in-app purchases required for full functionality?
Any clarification on the camera settings and as someone else asked does the pro app need to be running simultaneously?
TIA
At the moment you can only record or take a photo without choose parameters. The photos and the video will be recorded at the resolution last used on dji go app.
Anyway all settings are incoming.

Not so much to buy inside the app you've almost all by default, only orbit is an in app purchase.

Reactions: louforgiveno
What's the best Android Tablet to use with Litchi?
I tried to order the Shield Nivdia but they've pull them from the shelves due to a battery problem, couldn't even buy one from their web site.

What's the best Android Tablet to use with Litchi?
I tried to order the Shield Nivdia but they've pull them from the shelves due to a battery problem, couldn't even buy one from their web site.
Go buy a samsung tab s2 (the newest one) if money for you are not a problem and if is not possible to get the shield

Thanks for the info, I'll look into it.
Money is always and always be a problem, according to the wife, lol but I only want what's best for my bird

Apparently the Galaxy tab A is the newest one out there now. Can anybody tell me if this is suitable for the Litchi application?

I have always used my nexus 7 2nd generation, works great. They also can still be found for $150

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I use a nexus 7 2013 edition. All the unnecessary stuff is stripped as I use it for the P3 only. Works great.

At the moment you can only record or take a photo without choose parameters. The photos and the video will be recorded at the resolution last used on dji go app.
Anyway all settings are incoming.

Not so much to buy inside the app you've almost all by default, only orbit is an in app purchase.

Orbit is included now- it is NOT an in-app purchase for P3/I1. He mentioned that future flight modes may be in-app purchases.

Camera settings is the main thing currently missing.. Pain in the butt to switch to DJI GO to adjust the ISO/shutter speed and make sure your exposure is correct. Also, can't do advanced photo techniques such as exp bracketing or HDR. It does have a built in panoramic mode which is pretty awesome (fly to WP, automatically rotate bird 6 times to take 6 photos for stitching in LR)

Reactions: louforgiveno
Litchi.com told me that I must update to DJI's latest FW 1.4.0010 before I can install the Litchi 2.0.5 FW update.
Can anyone tell me if this is an accurate statement?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie