Litchi stopped working on Android phone

Reaction score
Can someone please help.

I have been using Litchi for quite a while, mainly using a tablet. I have decided I'd like to try using VR goggles so got the phone out to see what was involved.

It was soon clear that Litchi was not working at all. Transpires that an Android upgrade has meant that neither DJI Go or Litchi will work if both are installed. In order to get things to work I have done the following.

Uninstalled both DJI Go and Litchi
Reinstalled Litchi
Logged into Litchi server

Now can see old missions but not missions newly created either on PC or tablet.

Discovered that there were now 2 users in Litchi directory on my phone, so deleted the older one. No change.

Uninstalled Litchi again. Discovered that the Litchi user data was still left on the phone. Deleted it and reinstalled Litchi.

I can still see old missions, but can't see new missions created either on the Litchi hub or tablet. Neither will a mission created on my phone (Galaxy 5S, Android v5.0.1) appear on my tablet or Litchi hub.

Any ideas?

Log into Litchi HUB, open missions you see, resave them in HUB, open tablet, should see them there. (Tablet/device needs to be connected to WIFI).

You also can have both on there as long as you force close one before opening the other. Alot of people use a app called shut app. It kills everything running in backround. I use it everytime when I fly. I'll click that and it will close everything then I'll open up dji or litchi. There are some settings you need dji for that litchi doesn't have so I would keep both. Just an example all the gains and expos settings and IMU info.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Log into Litchi HUB, open missions you see, resave them in HUB, open tablet, should see them there. (Tablet/device needs to be connected to WIFI).

Thanks for this reply, but it is not the solution.

If I either load a mission and save it again on Litchi Hub, or create a new mission on Litchi Hub it will appear on my tablet, but not on my phone.

I have used Shut App and restarted the phone, but I still have the problem. Because I use Litchi relatively infrequently on my phone I can't pinpoint EXACTLY when it stopped working properly, but I am pretty sure that an Android upgrade was responsible.

I guess I am surprised that this is not a more well reported problem.

I just hope someone can help.

Thanks for this reply, but it is not the solution.

If I either load a mission and save it again on Litchi Hub, or create a new mission on Litchi Hub it will appear on my tablet, but not on my phone.

I have used Shut App and restarted the phone, but I still have the problem. Because I use Litchi relatively infrequently on my phone I can't pinpoint EXACTLY when it stopped working properly, but I am pretty sure that an Android upgrade was responsible.

I guess I am surprised that this is not a more well reported problem.

I just hope someone can help.
Are you logged into litchi on phone? (just asking)

Reactions: BourgeoisSJC
Try looking at phone permissions of Litchi, unblock any that might interfere.

Are you logged into litchi on phone? (just asking)

Yes. Logged into the Litchi server.

The more I think about this the more certain I am sure that there is something wrong with communication with the Litchi server.

Just to recap I have done the following:

Uninstalled DJI Go and Litchi
Removed the folders Litchi left behind on my phone. I would have expected the uninstall to do this.
Reinstalled Litchi

My old Litchi missions which were created on my PC appear on my phone, but no missions since the uninstall. Can't get my head around this. Either there is a folder on my phone which I have not deleted or the phone is not communicating properly with Litchi server.

If there is no rogue folder on my phone, how come only certain missions appear on the phone when I am logged into the Litchi server?

If I create a new mission on my phone I can see it there, but not on my PC or tablet. This just seems crazy to me.

There may be a folder with older missions. file search for folder with missions, look for additional folder in that area, will have different naming.

There may be a folder with older missions. file search for folder with missions, look for additional folder in that area, will have different naming.

I thought that you all might like to know that the Litchi e-mail support actually works. My problem was resolved within 150 minutes and 3 e-mail messages earlier this morning.

Although it is unlikely that many of you will have the same problem it might be interesting to know the cause.

After having reinstalled Litchi I obviously needed to log into my Litchi account. In doing so I failed to notice that my allegedly smart phone capitalised the first letter of my e-mail address. The Litchi server treated this as a new account. E-mail addresses are case sensitive in the world of Litchi.. Who would have guessed?

All back up and running now. Many thanks to Litchi for their prompt attention to a frustrating problem. If their e-mail support address was more easily available it would have been sorted days ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan