Litchi - Stable?

Here is a quick orbit sample. It is a screen recording, so low definition and some artifact/jitters, but it shows what it does. Nothing special about the scenery - just an old, overgrown horse ring. I placed the POI preflight based in a google maps image - not bad, but a little off-center. Had I wanted to adjust, all I needed to do was longhold the POI icon and drag it. You can also set POI and radius while flying by using the c1 and c2 buttons.

And here is one of a waypoint mission. I planned this inside in a hurry bc I knew I only had a short window between showers - so the tightness of some of the waypoints combined with their altitude and the altitude of the POIs makes for a few rapid camera shifts. In this mission, both heading of the p3 and pitch of the gimbal are governed by the closest POI. They could be set in other preset ways, or by manual stick control. POIs are not required. This mission used curved turns. Altenatively I could have gone point-to-point - and had access to preset actions at each point (pause, start/stop recording, picture, etc.). All wps and pois can be moved by dragging. They can also be set in flight by using the c1/c2 buttons.

Again, a screen grab, so quality sucks. I may try to put up some of the video later.

OK, I'm curious about this Litchi. I have a few questions, I have the New FW 1.4 and a P3P. I'm disappointed that I can't pre-plan way points. First, Does the P3 have to be on to set up way-points and create flight plans? It sure would save precious battery time. Here is an example of a need for a use in Pre flight planning, Example: I'm shooting a Car for a commercial spot, I want to do an orbit around the car, say about 8-10 foot radius, and about 8-10 feet in the air, maybe a little higher. Can this be done with Litchi and the new firmware? Could I also pre-plan a flight of simple way-points that would allow me to set two points and accelerate from the beginning point and stop at the ending point very accurately? I'm thinking about maybe 3 feet off the ground for this shot. It would also be nice to set the speed from way-point to way-point. Where can I download Litchi?

OK, I'm curious about this Litchi. I have a few questions, I have the New FW 1.4 and a P3P. I'm disappointed that I can't pre-plan way points. First, Does the P3 have to be on to set up way-points and create flight plans? It sure would save precious battery time. Here is an example of a need for a use in Pre flight planning, Example: I'm shooting a Car for a commercial spot, I want to do an orbit around the car, say about 8-10 foot radius, and about 8-10 feet in the air, maybe a little higher. Can this be done with Litchi and the new firmware? Could I also pre-plan a flight of simple way-points that would allow me to set two points and accelerate from the beginning point and stop at the ending point very accurately? I'm thinking about maybe 3 feet off the ground for this shot. It would also be nice to set the speed from way-point to way-point. Where can I download Litchi?
The short answer to your questions is yes, with a few qualifications. Though you can't set speed point-to-point, you can set a cruising/min speed then use the stick to speed up at certain points. As to stopping at the end, that would be a function of speed, braking distance, and maybe building a pause at that point (it can't go from 40-to-0 in .5 seconds).

You can download it on the play store, and learn more about it at flylitchi.com.

I have no relation to the developers. Just an enthusiastic user.

Reactions: Jason Weston
Sorry. The answer to your first question is no. The P3 does not need to be on for mission planning. Just your Android device.

I think your wrong on the P3 not needing to be on. I just downloaded the Litchi app, it looks pretty nice, But when I tried to set some way points and other settings it said that my aircraft was not turned on. What do you think?

I have a Samsung Tab S 8.4 Should be compatible, Yes/No? Is the FPV streaming better than the dji Pilot app? Can't fly now as it's raining.

I think your wrong on the P3 not needing to be on. I just downloaded the Litchi app, it looks pretty nice, But when I tried to set some way points and other settings it said that my aircraft was not turned on. What do you think?
I do it often with the P3 miles away, so am certain. That said, the first time you use it you may need to be connected - and do need to be connected to the Internet (first time only - a dji reauirement)

He is absolutely right. I plan my missions on tablet with the Phantom no where in site. Save mission and pull it up later.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Is litchi stable on 1.4 public firmware?
Yes. Play store release support dji current firmware.

Awesome! Lets do it!
Congrats! On the p3p. I didnt splurge enough for him and only got a p3a
Not a bad thing. You just got 2.7k! I am a pro owner and wish I did.

I seriously would have bought the advanced over the Pro with 2.7. First I would rather work with 2.7k. By time I am ready for 4k every day the P4 will be out.

And its $300 easier to stomach if you crash it.

The advanced is an amazing bird and value.

What's the best tablet for dJI GO and Litchi? Is my understanding correct that both apps need to be on at the same time in order to use Litchi?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl