SOLVED: Litchi Speech a no go?

Finally managed to do a recheck-flight today and Litchi is working fine for me with all 30-second readouts, with the exception of 'Homepoint has been updated', as reported before.

I'm on:-
Nexus 7 2nd Gen. (2013) with Android 6.0.1
Litchi: v3.10.7
F/W 1.9.60

If the weather is OK and I have time tomorrow, I will fly with my Nexus 5x which has Android v7.1.2 and will report in on that too.

Be interesting to read the result of that

Well, as promised, I took my P3P out for a buzz around today - It was a beautiful day for flying here in Bulgaria, sunny and almost no wind.

I am happy to say that using my Nexus 5x with Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) with the Litchi app, the Phantom performed completely flawlessly. I had a fly-around of about 20 minutes, including doing a perfect 34-shot pano with Litchi in non-legacy mode. No Litchi app (or drone :)) crashes at all and as far as I could tell, everything in the app was working quite OK.

Still no 'Home Point has been updated' announcement, although the HP was updated - but I was getting regular 30-second updates by voice of all the parameters, including low battery warnings.

(Sorry....) :)

Last edited:
I have an Nvidia K1 and tried nougat. DO NOT UPDATE TO NOUGAT!!!
Unrelated problems I have... VERY short battery life (~2hours!), all 4 cores running at 100% all the time, CPU and battery got hot, slow overall response to everything.... didn't try Go or Litchi.. didn't get that far before downgrading to 6.0.1

Tons of complaints on Nvidia forums about nougat on K1, don't know if other Android devices are having the same problem though.
About the only thing I liked about nougat is the split screen.
So I wouldn't try nougat with Go or Litchi yet as they seem to have problems with each other.
I reverted back to 6.0.1 and world peace and harmony has returned!

I have an Nvidia K1 and tried nougat. DO NOT UPDATE TO NOUGAT!!!
Unrelated problems I have... VERY short battery life (~2hours!), all 4 cores running at 100% all the time, CPU and battery got hot, slow overall response to everything.... didn't try Go or Litchi.. didn't get that far before downgrading to 6.0.1

Tons of complaints on Nvidia forums about nougat on K1, don't know if other Android devices are having the same problem though.
About the only thing I liked about nougat is the split screen.
So I wouldn't try nougat with Go or Litchi yet as they seem to have problems with each other.
I reverted back to 6.0.1 and world peace and harmony has returned!

Dude ... I am trying to solve Litchi problems here, not KI Nougat issues.

Well, I'm not having much luck although it seems there are others experiencing the same Litchi Nexus 7 6.0.1 issues.

I have had a brief round of emails with Litchi support where they suggested I turn my volume up (understandable, but duh) and check my text to Android text to speech settings. I have Google text to speech settings but do not know of anything called Android text to speech settings. Do you? Anyway, I have an important client shoot coming up and need Litchi performing as advertised (and paid for) ...

I am still refraining from resetting the tablet ...

Stay tuned ....

Well, dude, good luck....

SOLUTION: I needed to replace Google Text To Speech app on the tablet. Not sure why, but it fixed the issue for now.

Reactions: KCadby and wolf~928
Updated my text to speech and still nothing. Uninstalling updates made the lady all chatty again.

Well, dude, good luck....

LOL...
People with Nougat are having issues, it's not just a K1 issue (to the Dude say-er)...
(pomonabill) The update didn't mess my K-1 up bad like yours but I'm still flying without Litchi-speech on my K1...
I'm flying exclusively with Litchi now because GO crashes consistently at 8-minutes into flights with Nougat (speech does works with GO though)...
I'm still going to wait a while longer for a FIX because as new as my K-1 is, I don't want to loose the warranty by rolling back the OS :(

Recently I discovered that the Litchi speech engine is no longer working. Volume is up and all else seems to work but the Litchi lady is no longer singing ... The option is "on" in the settings and of course I turned it on and off a couple of times.

I do not and will not have a Facebook page either.
Anyone else not hearing her?
Just discovered I am having the same issue. Audio is good from same a/c/rc using DJI GO. But not a peep from the litchi lady here either. All software up to date. There seems to be a lot of discussion on this subject but no real fixes. Tablet is Nvidia Shield K1 that plays audio files fine.
Is there any support for Litchi?

I will try that address and see what happens. However, in the meantime, I have SOLVED my problem thanks to a comment in this or one of the other audio threads. I uninstalled and reinstalled the GOOGLE text-to-speech app and she is back!!!! This is on my Nvidia K1 Shield running Android v7.0.

I will try that address and see what happens. However, in the meantime, I have SOLVED my problem thanks to a comment in this or one of the other audio threads. I uninstalled and reinstalled the GOOGLE text-to-speech app and she is back!!!! This is on my Nvidia K1 Shield running Android v7.0.

Litchi Speech never worked on my K1 (android) UNTIL I did the Google Speech update...

Reactions: pomonabill220

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31