SOLVED: Litchi Speech a no go?

Also tested it today on Android Nexus 7 and speech is fine

Flew this morning, Litchi mission & all is well, (Android- Nividia shield)
Although she talks up a storm- i.e- altitude, distance. battery levels, etc. She still doesn't say- "home point recorded", like she used to, & yes, home point is marked.
DJI GO stopped saying that on my iPad mini 4. She tries to say it, but only the "...corded" part comes out of the speakers. Lol

Ok so an update ,,screwed all this up,,who's effected,,iOS or android?and what updates are they on,,,you can trace this to an update I bet ya!
Then we can contact the right people and have it fixed. Were quality control,,if its broke let's fix it,,what's next,,more bad updates,,firmware,,

Ok so an update ,,screwed all this up,,who's effected,,iOS or android?and what updates are they on,,,you can trace this to an update I bet ya!
Then we can contact the right people and have it fixed. Were quality control,,if its broke let's fix it,,what's next,,more bad updates,,firmware,,
needs,,,,,,,more,,,,,,,,,?

Can't help much but to say I had the muting issue last year. If I recall, it was a setting on android (Nexus 9 here) that needed to be re-set. Unfortunately I can't recall much but I believe it was either in the sound options or debugging options within the Android system itself. Wish I had documented at the time. But advice above to contact Litchi sounds like the best bet.

Next: I will go through the sound and debugging options yet again but am doubtful. From my former days in the field, it is entirely possible that a VC Tech. engineer left some debugging code in a build that shut her up (very useful during a dev cycle) and forgot to remove it before it was released. (Possible but also doubtful)

I will also try to reproduce my problem using an S7 edge running the same versions. As far as versions go, I alway keep my software at the latest release. ALWAYS.

I suspect that one of the culprits in this problem is "Screen Recorder". If this last test fails, I will go back to the Nexus 7, delete Litchi, Screen Recorder and DroneDeploy - then incrementally reinstall/test, etc.

To this moment I still do not know how to access a VC Tech/Litchi support portal so if anyone has an email address that would be great. Since it's my whine, I'll be glad to tackle ... I was able to send a message via their YouTube channel but that will end up in the abyss methinks ...

Stay tuned ...

Reactions: wolf~928
Ok .. latest in my Litchi quest. I used my Galaxy S7 Edge with my P3P and Litchi lady sang like a bird. The only difference initially is the phone is running Nougat and the Nexus 7 is running 6.0.1 Marshmallow. The later worked for a year until a couple of weeks ago. I believe there was a Litchi update recently.

I removed DroneDeply and tested. Then I removed Screen Recorder and tested. The I removed Litchi, reinstalled and tested. I tried all of these tests (which all failed) with debugging on and off, aso to no avail.

Looks to me like a recent update may have introduced a bug on the Nexus yet others say their Nexus 7 devices work fine. If you are one, please chime into this thread with the version of Litchi and the version of your Android OS if you can. If there is a Marshmallow setting needing tweaking, I'll be good and godamned if I can find it!

Really, the only thing I can think of to do would be to factory erase - reset the Nexus and rebuild her. I would really like to avoid this obviously. VC Tech, how can I solve this? Flightlogic Autopilot?

:mad:

Reactions: wolf~928
Litchi- nexus7running marshmallow. No singing
Litchi-galaxy s7 edge-running nougat.sang like a bird
Crash time what litchi ver.u running?
Avocet. What's your ver. Of litchi?

Without turning on the tablet i would say the latest as I usually always update, will look later and let you know

I'm sure its the latest. 3.10.7 ...

Recently I discovered that the Litchi speech engine is no longer working. Volume is up and all else seems to work but the Litchi lady is no longer singing ... The option is "on" in the settings and of course I turned it on and off a couple of times.

P3P
Clean Lexus 7 on Marshmallow

Tried it with Screen Recorder ON and then OFF .. . she is mute.

I do not and will not have a Facebook page either. The Litchi support footprint needs to widen a bit methinks. Can anyone help? Maybe make a FB message on my behalf?

Anyone else not hearing her?

Thankso
I have noticed the same with my Litchi and Mavic as well as Phantom 4. iPhone 7 Plus. All updates to everything.

ok just checked my tablet
Litchi version 3.10.7
Android version 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Speach is fine

I have a P3P and Fly with a Nvidia Sheild K1 on Nougat...
I just started using Litchi a few weeks ago and Voice has never worked, not once ever and Litchi Crashes after "several minutes" of Flying also (twice today)...
Voice works fine with DJI GO but GO Crashes sooner than Litchi (usually 8-minutes)...
As per Litchi instructions, I uninstalled DJI GO when I wanted to use Litchi (and vice versa) but since Litchi lets me fly longer without crashing I haven't used GO lately...

JFYI, I first started flying a P3S with the Shield K1 Jan. 2017...
The K1 New was on Marshmallow and multiple versions of DJI GO "worked perfect" (never Crashed) but ever since the K1 did the OS Upgrade to Nougat GO Crashes, even if I'm just playing a flight log (not connected to Bird) :rage:

I posted about this on the Nvidia board (along with other people that have the same issue) and "Customer Care" asked me to send them a report from my K1 the next time DJI GO crashed...
I did that and this was they're reply, (I'm tech-NO when it come to software coding so this means nothing to me):

"We received your feedback below. Our software team investigated the DJI GO app and from the logs the native library needs to be PIE compatible.
Unfortunately this is something that the software developer will need to address through a software update:
libc : "/data/data/dji.pilot/lib/libtpnsWatchdog.so": error: only position independent executables (PIE) are supported.
03-16 01:00:42.149 2398 2398 F libc : Fatal signal 6 (SIGABRT), code -6 in tid 2398 (libtpnsWatchdog)
03-16 01:00:42.210 2401 2401 F DEBUG : *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
03-16 01:00:42.210 2401 2401 F DEBUG : Build fingerprint: 'nvidia/sb_na_wf/shieldtablet:7.0/NRD90M/1928188_850.6612:user/release-keys'
03-16 01:00:42.210 2401 2401 F DEBUG : Revision: '0'
03-16 01:00:42.210 2401 2401 F DEBUG : ABI: 'arm'
03-16 01:00:42.211 2401 2401 F DEBUG : pid: 2398, tid: 2398, name: libtpnsWatchdog >>> /data/data/dji.pilot/lib/libtpnsWatchdog.so <<<
03-16 01:00:42.211 2401 2401 F DEBUG : signal 6 (SIGABRT), code -6 (SI_TKILL), fault addr --------

Looks to me like a recent update may have introduced a bug on the Nexus yet others say their Nexus 7 devices work fine. If you are one, please chime into this thread with the version of Litchi and the version of your Android OS if you can. If there is a Marshmallow setting needing tweaking, I'll be good and godamned if I can find it!

Finally managed to do a recheck-flight today and Litchi is working fine for me with all 30-second readouts, with the exception of 'Homepoint has been updated', as reported before.

I'm on:-
Nexus 7 2nd Gen. (2013) with Android 6.0.1
Litchi: v3.10.7
F/W 1.9.60

Finally managed to do a recheck-flight today and Litchi is working fine for me with all 30-second readouts, with the exception of 'Homepoint has been updated', as reported before.

I'm on:-
Nexus 7 2nd Gen. (2013) with Android 6.0.1
Litchi: v3.10.7
F/W 1.9.60
Seems Android 6.0.1 works ok, must be the nugget OS that causes the issue.
I did update mine to whatever comes after 6 and had issues with litchi crashing out so I manually downgraded the OS

Seems Android 6.0.1 works ok, must be the nugget OS that causes the issue.
I did update mine to whatever comes after 6 and had issues with litchi crashing out so I manually downgraded the OS
If the weather is OK and I have time tomorrow, I will fly with my Nexus 5x which has Android v7.1.2 and will report in on that too.

Reactions: crash1sttime
If the weather is OK and I have time tomorrow, I will fly with my Nexus 5x which has Android v7.1.2 and will report in on that too.

Be interesting to read the result of that

Went out yesterday for some real estate filming and it went too well - it was all over in 15 minutes - and I didn't pay much attention to Litchi. However I don't remember much chat from the lady; I'll go out again later and recheck everything. Maybe I'm just used to ignoring nagging..
I definitely don't update everything especially my OS (I'm on version 5.1.1 because the next one up doesn't allow me to store apps on an SD card) but I do keep Litchi up to date.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj