Litchi Screen Icons question(s)

Reaction score
A few questions.

On the litchi screen, under FPV mode, there are 2 blue circles with 'H' and 'C' in them. What do they do?

On the google map insert, where it shows the houses, streets, driveways, etc..., there is a blue dot with a white circle around it. And that dot is across the street, situated between 2 houses in the front yard(s). Why? What is it and why is it there? It seems that google maps keeps zooming in to that blue dot. ALL equipment (P3s and RC) is OFF. It also does this when ALL equipment is ON.

How many satellites are required to get the 'Follow Me' to work on the P3s? I had 10 sats locked and was still told that a GPS location is not accurate enough to start Follow me... It seems the accuracy is based on the blue dot w/white circle that is across the street because by the little radar screen, there is a message saying "Accuracy: 168ft"...WTH?

I looked for a litchi tutorial that might answer my questions, but all I can find is tutorials on the waypoint function (something else I've yet to explore).

Any help is appreciated.

The H and C icons means Home Lock and Course Lock. Better to Google them to figure out what they are, how they work, and when to use them.

The blue dot on the map is you. Well, it's your mobile device, to be precise.

For Follow Me to work, your mobile device should have a good/perfect GPS lock. In other words, that blue dot should stay relatively still at the spot where you currently are. That is to say that it's dangerous to initiate Follow Me when GPS lock on the mobile device is 'all over the place'. That could easily wreck your drone.

Reactions: Sky Media Drones
The blue dot can't be my mobile device as the device is with me, here on my desk, and the blue dot is a couple hundred feet away across the street and between 2 houses and won't move. But by golly the map keeps zooming on it.

In the pic, directly under the red 'Disconnected' banner, you'll see a green pool in the backyard. I am one house to the left. Right now my device is with me in my office in the back of the house.
DSCN6642.JPG

Also, how do I get my video transmission signal to say 'HD' instead of a camera icon? The camera is set to 1080p30.

Just checked the DJI GO app...that blue dot is located at my house.

That's your mobile device. When you're indoors, it's unable to receive GPS signals and will then revert to using A-GPS or your cell sites to determine its approximate location. This type of accuracy is fine for getting weather reports and such, but for things that involves drones, you'd want pinpoint accuracy. You'll only get that type of accuracy with proper GPS.

Try going outside with clear view of the sky and the blue dot should move closer to where you're standing.

Nope. Doesn't move.

I appreciate your trying to help. :cool:

Already did that...
DSCN6643.JPG

So you are saying with the Go app your device location is correct? I had similar issues with Litchi . It was showing my device location some 75 feet away from actual position . Careful not initiate follow me as it will fly to that location.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Is it possible to have an internet and phantom connected at the same time?
Because when I fly using litchi my map is very inaccurate, I want it to be cached to my device.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Yes, the GO app the location is correct
Because when I fly using litchi my map is very inaccurate, I want it to be cached to my device.
That's another issue I need to tackle...I have zero clue about how to 'cache' anything...or even what 'cache' even means...:confused:o_O

It means something like "store in your device".
As far as I understand litchi use google maps which has to be cached (downloaded) so you can see a precise view of it.
Without internet map view cannot be downloaded, so my map in litchi is uncertain.
(Correct me if I`m wrong)

When you download area in map, you do not need internet anymore to see that map again, they are cached and stored in your device.

Thanks for the explanation. :cool:

Couldn't they just say "Stored" then? :confused:

How do you 'store' maps, anyway?

Couldn't the entire state be saved and just be done with it?

Alas, these questions are best asked in another topic. I'm still trying to figure out what is going on with the blue dot depicting my tablet is across the street in the front yard... o_O

Not on my Fire phone or my tablet. HOWEVER, when the phone isn't connected to the internet from your home, it is still connected (I'd imagine) via your cell plan. That is how Healthy Drones is uploaded "instantly", I think.

And I gotta give props (no pun intended) to the Litchi team as they have responded in incredibly fast times to my emails to them.:) :cool::)

You cache the map imagery by connecting to the internet (data plan or through WiFi), open up Litchi, and pinch in and out of the area you're going to fly the drone on. Let the app cache the imagery around you until you're satisfied that all areas you think you'll be flying the drone to has been cached. Those cached imagery will still be there when you disconnect from the internet and connect to your Phantom network.

They use the term cache because it is just temporary storage. After a while (maybe a few days or weeks), those cached imagery will get deleted or replaced to make room for imagery at another location.

So, if I want to drive up to the park (about 5 miles from me), I have to swipe, swipe, swipe and keep swiping until I go the 5 miles, and then beyond because, I'm not going to fly in one place ;), so I have to keep swiping? Sounds like a serious pain in the *** if you ask me. There has to be an easier way.

And does that big red circle (wall?) on the maps have anything to do with how far the bird can fly? Like a massive virtual wall (Trump would like that idea! ;))?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.