Litchi RTH question.

Reaction score
So ive been using litchi lately . Ive been flying in the FPV mode but i am missing the return to home button that is on my DJI go app . I just purchased a range extender for my controller and would like to have the RTH option for when i cant see my bird . How do you guys fly in litchi far away ? Ive always kept my bird in sight but just in case i lose sight of it whats the best way to fly in litchi to get her home safely ?

Sent from my SM-N910V using PhantomPilots mobile app

On a phantom three standard ? Are you talking about flipping the left switch back and forth ? Ive heard some people talk about that but never heard it confrmed.

On a phantom three standard ? Are you talking about flipping the left switch back and forth ? Ive heard some people talk about that but never heard it confrmed.
RTH is one of the most important systems to understand when you are flying a Phantom.
It's not good enough to have "heard some people talk about " it.
The day you need RTH is not the time to start learning what it does and how to control it.
Page 11 of your manual tells you what you need to know about initiating RTH (and there are two more pages with a lot more about RTH).
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/pha...antom_3_Standard_User_Manual_v1.4_en_0112.pdf

Ha, I didn't realize home lock could be engaged after you had flown some distance away. Makes sense though.
So if I'm two miles away, just switch it into F mode and choose home lock, then pull back on the stick.
Good to learn something new.

Sent from my Pixel XL using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ha, I didn't realize home lock could be engaged after you had flown some distance away. Makes sense though.
So if I'm two miles away, just switch it into F mode and choose home lock, then pull back on the stick.
Good to learn something new.

Sent from my Pixel XL using PhantomPilots mobile app

That's presuming of course that your Tx is still connected at that distance. But if it is it might be safer to wiggle the left switch up and down 3 or more times to trigger smart RTH which will at least make it fly back at the safe altitude you've set

Ok thanks read page 11 in the manual . Whats funny i also watched DJI 's video on youtube on how to use the controller to initiate RTH. The manual says toggle the switch back and forth a few times , the video says do it one time . But anyways so i guess i was right when i asked if toggling the switch was the correct way . A simple yes thats correct would have worked but thats ok . Thanks have fun flying guys .

That's presuming of course that your Tx is still connected at that distance. But if it is it might be safer to wiggle the left switch up and down 3 or more times to trigger smart RTH which will at least make it fly back at the safe altitude you've set
Thank you for your answer . Thats some good info . So three times toggle initiates it . I will try it out . Thanks again for your help .

Ok . Thank you sir . I've always flown using DJI go app and always trusted it . Ive never needed a reason to use the contoller to do this as the option was always available there. Flying litchi it isnt there but thanks to you today i learned something . Thanks again for your help !

Ok thanks read page 11 in the manual . Whats funny i also watched DJI 's video on youtube on how to use the controller to initiate RTH. The manual says toggle the switch back and forth a few times , the video says do it one time . But anyways so i guess i was right when i asked if toggling the switch was the correct way . A simple yes thats correct would have worked but thats ok . Thanks have fun flying guys .

The reason you probably got that reply from him instead of a simple "yes that would work". Was the way you asked the question it was obvious you had not read the manual, and that does get some people ignored when it's so clearly stated in the manual. But I would add there's one more method to return that wasn't mentioned. You simply yaw your aircraft to face your home point and that orientation could be figured out simply by looking at the drone icon on your app regardless which app you use because it's on both, and fly it back manually.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

The reason you probably got that reply from him instead of a simple "yes that would work". Was the way you asked the question it was obvious you had not read the manual, and that does get some people ignored when it's so clearly stated in the manual. But I would add there's one more method to return that wasn't mentioned. You simply yaw your aircraft to face your home point and that orientation could be figured out simply by looking at the drone icon on your app regardless which app you use because it's on both, and fly it back manually.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Great ideal . I dont know why i didnt think of that it seems kinda obvious now that you ponted it out . I did read the manual. Its been months ago . I read through it before i ever took to the air . My mistake i guess was i didnt rememberize the manual lol . Or remember reading the part that i never used because i had the DJI APP to fall back on for RTH. I had never used the remote for return to home and wasnt quite clear on the procedure . I guess i could have referred back to my manual to find out but i thought hey lets help some other people by posting it . They may not know either . Just wanted to make sure before i tried it that was the right thing to do . And thanks for that again . I dont know why i didnt think of that .

Reactions: DigitalSkyPilot
Never lose the manual. I have it on all my devices used for FPV. There is so much information in there its impossible to digest and retain it all in one sitting. Ive been flying for a year and still have to refer to it frequently. I initiate RTH with three clicks on S2 and cancel with one click on S1 in Litchi.

Great ideal . I dont know why i didnt think of that it seems kinda obvious now that you ponted it out . I did read the manual. Its been months ago . I read through it before i ever took to the air . My mistake i guess was i didnt rememberize the manual lol . Or remember reading the part that i never used because i had the DJI APP to fall back on for RTH. I had never used the remote for return to home and wasnt quite clear on the procedure . I guess i could have referred back to my manual to find out but i thought hey lets help some other people by posting it . They may not know either . Just wanted to make sure before i tried it that was the right thing to do . And thanks for that again . I dont know why i didnt think of that .

I read the manual but the rth doesn't tell you how to return home using Litchi..

And also know how to cancel RTH. In case it wants to drop down a little to close to a tree or structure.

Litchi .... Go .... makes no difference to the RC .... switch S2 is always there .... as is switch S1 to cancel it when you want.

Nigel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen