Litchi - RTH initiated on lost connection, during waypoint flight

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have flown many autonomous waypoint flights with litchi - always completed the mission, also when transmission lost.

Now, after latest litchi update - i get the none-desired behavior:
Mission started, a few waypoints reached, battery is good, but on the first connection lost - I get RTH kicking in.

Why is that?

Which version of the Litchi would that be?

I am also interested in this since everybody here is saying it will finish the mission first.

Hi guys,

I have flown many autonomous waypoint flights with litchi - always completed the mission, also when transmission lost.

Now, after latest litchi update - i get the none-desired behavior:
Mission started, a few waypoints reached, battery is good, but on the first connection lost - I get RTH kicking in.

Why is that?
I have flown almost 200 waypoint missions Litchi. I regularly lose contact with the bird and the mission has always been completed. It's going to be a major downgrade for Litchi's product if it aborts the mission upon lost signal. I have not flown with the new software update. No real reason to use Litchi anymore if RTH aborts the mission....will go FPV Camera if waypoint missions are aborted on RC Signal Loss.

Update:Reply from Litchi Developer
Hi,

Don't worry, this new setting only applies to normal/manual flying, it does not apply to missions, we will make this clearer in the next build.

Querry To Litchi Developers:
The latest RC Signal Lost feature has me confused and concerned. There are three options, RTH, Land or Hover. Shouldn't there be a fourth option: CONTINUE MISSION...? I lose signal all the time and cannot afford to simply have my PHANTOMS go into RTH, let alone Hover or Land. Please explain when "RC Signal Lost" feature kicks in...perhaps it is only while flying non-waypoint flights...?

Last edited:
Yikes, not good.
Yikes indeed....for me it's a safety issue. If the latest version of Litchi simply aborts its mission and comes straight home, it's going to potentially fly over places I don't want it to go...like a park full of people, a school yard, the side of a mountain, etc. One of my main reasons for using Litchi was to have autonomous control of the Phantom's route in the event of a signal loss. If it has a catastrophic failure and falls from the sky, my mission route makes it far less risky to people and property. Doing an RTH on signal loss will absolutely suck. Litchi....please chime in on this. I have heard that FPV Camera remains autonomous and will complete the mission without RC signal present.

Litchi....please chime in on this. I have heard that FPV Camera remains autonomous and will complete the mission without RC signal present.
It certainly doesn't look like Litchi has changed their design. There is probably another explanation.

From Litchi's help pages : Help - Litchi

Place multiple waypoints on a map however far you want and the aircraft will fly from waypoint to waypoint and complete the mission even if the signal is lost.

It certainly doesn't look like Litchi has changed their design. There is probably another explanation.

5/19/2016 Update: Per Litchi Dev guys, RTH is only initiated if you are not flying a waypoint mission. I flew a long range waypoint mission and confirmed that RTH is not initiated on loss of signal. Also, Litchi has clarified the "Loss of Signal" options in the "settings" menu to help quell the initial confusion about RTH.

Last edited:
How far from the home point was the aircraft when RTH triggered?

Update: Perhaps the New RC Signal Loss feature is only used when not flying a WP mission?
Yes, we will clarify that in a future build to avoid confusion but it does not affect waypoint missions.

How far from the home point was the aircraft when RTH triggered?
I am curious - how does the distance away affect the triggering of RTH?

I am curious - how does the distance away affect the triggering of RTH?
I guess if you have Smart RTH enabled on the GO app, and your waypoints go beyond the battery power needed to return home, it will Smart RTH to make sure there is enough power to go home. I was told to disable Smart RTH and it should fix that. I haven't tried it yet but I hope that's the fix because I have already had an abort mission happen and it crashed into a hilly forest that I had gone around in the mission.

I guess if you have Smart RTH enabled on the GO app, and your waypoints go beyond the battery power needed to return home, it will Smart RTH to make sure there is enough power to go home. I was told to disable Smart RTH and it should fix that. I haven't tried it yet but I hope that's the fix because I have already had an abort mission happen and it crashed into a hilly forest that I had gone around in the mission.
So what was the end result of this? Did you wind up disabling Smart RTH and did it fix the problem?

Hmmmmm. This happened to me today and up until now its always just carried on. I havent played with it for a few months and so wonder if it must be a software update issue.
Any one solved this?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik