Litchi Range

Reaction score
Quick question.

I know a lot of people (as I) have been having trouble with the range on the P3S. Do you have the same range with the litchi app, or better, or worse? I'm considering buying it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The range of your drone does not change once you start using the app. If you are flying a planned route within the 500m and the the signal is lost because of the drone going behind trees our houses, the drone will continue the flight plan and return home. I was told by Litchi I would have to modify the drones antennas to increase the range of flight.

Since the Litchi app loads the complete flight in the drone from the start, why would the normal range be a factor? Since the app and controller is not doing the flying, at least as I understand it.

Litchi features LCMC ( Lost control mission completion ) which theoretically extends the range.
It allows you to fly to places where you normally wouldn't because of short range.

Since the Litchi app loads the complete flight in the drone from the start, why would the normal range be a factor? Since the app and controller is not doing the flying, at least as I understand it.

Well, some people downgraded the DJI Go app on android and got better range on their P3S so I was wondering if it could have anything to do with that.

Do you recommend getting litchi? What does it have that's better than DJI Go?

I personally have not used it yet, just downloaded it. But have read a bit about it, and the main difference is the autonomous (way points) flight. With the Go app the waypoint feature must be per-flown first and way point set along the way. With Litchi it's all done on your device's touchscreen. The whole flight plan is done though the apps software, and you just sit back and enjoy. Also the VR mode is different between the two apps, Go doesn't have it.

Hmm seems like a good feature. I'm still on the fence about downloading it.

Hmm seems like a good feature. I'm still on the fence about downloading it.

Also has a feature to create a 360 degree panorama.
Here's a link that just started about the app. Litchi vs Go App

Doesn't litchi allow flight beyond range of controller? There are flights on another forum showing long distance

Doesn't litchi allow flight beyond range of controller? There are flights on another forum showing long distance
Yes. I've flown several "missions" that were considerably further than the range of my P3S controller.

Would litchi work with P34k? Range is always an issue here in the mountains, preset flight paths would be clutch.

I just bought Litchi today and took it out for a spin with my beloved P3S. I set up a waypoints route in advance which took me out of signal range from the controller but the flight proceeded regardless. I then did a manual flight to see how far out I could get in this location. Flying manually I got 2,744 metres before auto RTH kicked in. Using Litchi waypoints I was flying up to 3,034 metres away. I presume that I could have taken it much further if I had selected a waypoint further out. Generally I am very impressed with Litchi - the screen itself seems clearer than DJI Go and the additional features (screen recording, waypoints functionality, track mode in particular) make this a complete no brainer for the price of a round of drinks.

I just bought Litchi today and took it out for a spin with my beloved P3S. I set up a waypoints route in advance which took me out of signal range from the controller but the flight proceeded regardless. I then did a manual flight to see how far out I could get in this location. Flying manually I got 2,744 metres before auto RTH kicked in. Using Litchi waypoints I was flying up to 3,034 metres away. I presume that I could have taken it much further if I had selected a waypoint further out. Generally I am very impressed with Litchi - the screen itself seems clearer than DJI Go and the additional features (screen recording, waypoints functionality, track mode in particular) make this a complete no brainer for the price of a round of drinks.
Two of the things I like most about Litchi are its ability to run the mission without having a connection to the R/C controller, and the ability to sit down at my desk on my 27" iMac and plan a mission in Mission Hub at leisure, feet up with a cup of coffee. When I'm done, I can save it, which automatically makes that mission available to my iPhone and iPad Pro to be loaded and flown in the field. Likewise, any changes I make to the mission in the field once I've flown it are automatically saved to all the other devices as well.

Really clever software, and it's been utterly reliable for me.

Like your analogy, "price of a round of drinks." Message me next time your buying the bar.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Litchi is great, just be aware of it's limitations. When it loses contact during a waypoint mission, it will continue as planned but the gimbal and/or POI angle will stay at the angle it was when it lost contact. The same is true concerning speed (if using different speeds for each waypoint). This is a limitation of the DJI SDK and not a Litchi error.

Litchi is great, just be aware of it's limitations. When it loses contact during a waypoint mission, it will continue as planned but the gimbal and/or POI angle will stay at the angle it was when it lost contact. The same is true concerning speed (if using different speeds for each waypoint). This is a limitation of the DJI SDK and not a Litchi error.
Thanks for that - I now remember reading it somewhere but had forgotten - it does put a bit of a kaibosh on my cunning plan to beat the P3S range limitations.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr