Litchi Radar Incorrect

Reaction score
I recently started using the Litchi app and modified my PV2+ with 2.4ghz bird side dipoles. While on a flight recently I noticed that the orientation of the radar in the bottom left corner was totally off. Does this have anything to do with the modification?

Can you tell us exactly what your radar showed and where your Phantom was located relative to you?

I noticed it while flying yesterday and also tested it on my table today. The phantom was facing forward with me sitting behind it and the aircraft was pointing 90 degrees to the left on the radar instead of straight up(or forward) up. It also happens with my Vision app as well. The arrow spins when I turn the craft but its out 90 degrees.
Is the orientation determined by the 2.4ghz receivers internally? I unplugged them when I did the mod to add the bird sides.

My radar does the same thing and I was frustrated with this at first.

My understanding, and this may be wrong, is that the radar isn't really meant to show you where your craft is located relative to your position. It's meant to show you it's rotation only - relative to you. After all, you can see where your craft is located with the google maps screen in the lower right corner of the litchi app.

So if the craft is in front of you, the radar may show it located to the left or pointing to the left, but that doesn't matter. What matters is - where is it pointing relative to the center of the radar (you). That's the purpose of the radar, it seems. So if you fly it away and it's just a dot in the sky, you may lose your orientation with it. But look at the radar. The radar doesn't lie. You always know if the craft is pointing away from you, towards you, to the right of you, or to the left of you, regardless of how far it is from you.

That's my understanding. :)

Thanks Mark
I understand what you have explained but while the bird is in the air the radar isnt showing the exact orientatation. If i push the controller to move the quad forward it moves in that direction but the radar shows it pointing to the left.
When i first started flying one of the ways i would bring it back was to have the radar pointing towards me. Now if i do that it flys to the side instead of back to me. I might reconnect the original recievers again to see if it makes a difference.

Whens the last time you calibrated your smartphone/device's compass.
Try the radar in the GO app. If same then it's your phone needing the calibration.

Reactions: sbarton
Whens the last time you calibrated your smartphone/device's compass.
Try the radar in the GO app. If same then it's your phone needing the calibration.
Thanks Mako
I worked it out. I have been using a galaxy Tab A tablet and apparently it doesn't have a magnetic sensor. The radar works fine on my Iphone in my vision app.
I wonder if there was a way to recalibrate the direction on the radar on my tablet or in the Phantom assistant.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31