Litchi Questions

Reaction score
A few questions about Litchi....

1) If you lose RC contact with the Phantom on an extended mission...I assume the camera is still recording to the card although you do not see the image on the ipad, and will see the full vid/pics programmed in the mission upon return. Just wanted to confirm that.

2) I read somewhere that the software will automatically RTH if/when there is only enough battery power left to achieve that task. I have no idea if that is true. And probably more importantly, how can it know the environmental (i.e. wind) conditions that would obviously effect the time/power it would take to get back home?

The reason I ask #2......I am new to the Litchi app and am planning a trip to Carmel at the end of this month. Would love to get some shots along the coast of Monterey including flying over the Pacific (possibly windy conditions). Just don't want to mission to end with my P3P at the bottom of the ocean. I would imagine the suggestion will be to end the last part of the mission over land.....and to have a tracking device just in case.

i would just appreciate you that are familiar with this app to let me know how you would approach a mission (or missions) under these conditions. I am no fool and if the wind is gusting over 15-25, it stays in the case, or very close to me. But if manageable, I want some great shots. I am taking my dog to Carmel Beach (bucket list for her) and hope to lift off from there.

Thanks for any comments....

1) Yes continues mission including video.
2) I have never run Litchi until the battery is spent. When you plan your mission, you can see flight time displayed in mission settings as you build your mission. So no need to overfly your battery time.

If you have Smart Go Home toggled "on", it will calculate battery needed to RTH if you are using DJI Go app. It will then fly until that calculated point / time is reached and stop, yaw towards homepoint, ascend to preselected RTH height and return home at 22.8 mph.

You will be monitoring flight and telemetry and can toggle from F mode to P-GPS mode and fly it home or use the slider or stick to speed up Litchi mission as long as you have the mission sliders setup that way before initiating the mission.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl