Litchi question - red circle

Reaction score
I planned a mission on my laptop and didnt see the large red circle on the map but when I went to launch I kept getting "mission error" I looked at the mission on my tablet and saw the red circle and noticed my furthest waypoint was outside of it. I adjusted this waypoint to inside the red circle and it flew without issue.

Even at the furthest waypoint, I had plenty of signal strength.

What is this circle for and can it b adjusted?

Thanks!

The circle is a reference for you, adjustable in the settings.

It's to keep n00b pilots from venturing out to far. It won't actually stop you, just a visual reference.

I just saw you said on your laptop, so scratch what I said. I was referring in the app.

I thought the red circle in the app DID stop you. I assumed that's why my craft turned around at 5400 feet with five bars. I could be wrong but that's what I thought.

I have flown WELL beyond that red ring. I think its defauted to something like 1600' or so. I flew out to 10k no problem.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
What is this circle for and can it b adjusted?
This is the parameter: "Map Safe Area Radius"

It will affect GS/waypoint missions as a failsafe. If you accidentally place a waypoint outside of it, just increase the radius size so it includes the waypoint location...

Found out why this was happening - In my DJI Go app I had the limit distance box checked and at 500m -

I unchecked it, now I dont need to worry about distance in Litchi

Found out why this was happening - In my DJI Go app I had the limit distance box checked and at 500m -

I unchecked it, now I dont need to worry about distance in Litchi
Can you clarify a little bit? I have been flying successful Litchi missions for weeks. The only time I've gotten "fail to upload" is when the bird is too far away when I try to upload a mission. When I bring it closer, it works. Recently, I mapped a mission, actually altered an existing mission I have flown many times already and was greeted with this warning. For days I haven't been able to figure out why it fails. Logged on tonight to see your post and it would seem a possible parallel to what happened to me. I'm on vacation so I can't bring up the red ring relative to the mission in question because the it surrounds my current position a thousand miles away. Question is....did increases the diameter of the Litchi setting allow for the mission to initiate or was it something in the DJI app?? I don't understand what the DJI app has to do with it..

Sorry I should clarify...I have never touched that setting in the DJI Go app but have flown miles from my house using Litchi..so I can't see the relation between Go app and Litchi..

Sorry I should clarify...I have never touched that setting in the DJI Go app but have flown miles from my house using Litchi..so I can't see the relation between Go app and Litchi..

Turns out I had the maximum distance box checked in DJI Go at 500m - I unchecked it to take off distance limitations and it worked fine -

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1