Litchi question - Map Orientation

Reaction score
I purchased Litchi today for my P4. I use an iPad Air 2 as my primary flight tablet - with no data capabilities outside of WiFi range - and I also put it my iPhone 5s in case I really need to have the map data in the field. I'm pretty stoked about trying it out after getting to know it a bit today in my arm chair - due to the weather - and it looks solid and professional

I noticed though, that the Map Orientation icon (small green arrow within the white circle at top right of map screen) seems to not show the proper orientation on both my iPad and iPhone.

map orientation.PNG

If set to 'North Up', it does this fine, stowing at 12 o'clock. If set to 'Match Mobile Device Orientation', it shows North and South properly if I face these directions with my tablet (or phone as well), but when I face East, the arrow points to the 9 o'clock position - or what I think of as West on a compass rose - and when I face West, it points to the three o'clock position - or what I would think of as East on a compass rose.

The iPad does not have a native compass app, but the one on the iPhone is indicating properly as I turn different direction. The iPad seems to obviously have some sort of directional ability, but just does not have the app that the iPhone comes with.

So, am I misunderstanding the purpose of this indicator in the 'Match Mobile Device Orientation', or is this how it is? Any assistance or advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

• map orientation.PNG
    map orientation.PNG
    147.8 KB · Views: 409

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers