Litchi Qs! "Radar", weird still playback, and how to cancel RTH

Reaction score
Hey all - just took my first Litchi and having a good time. A few questions!

I was expecting a "radar" instrument like in the lower left of DJI Go, where it shows you the position and orientation of the bird relative to the RC; this is very helpful for keeping pointed toward her for max signal. It's not there on my iPad Mini 2 and I can't seem to find an option to turn it on - any ideas?

Next, I was taking long-exposure photos at night and hit the "playback" button to review the shots to check the exposure, and I was pleased to see that unlike DJI Go, it simply shows you the last shot instantly, except that it doesn't...all of the "playbacks" I was shown were at the same exposure as I was seeing while flying - only when I opened DJI Go and hit playback did I see the *actual* stills which were much lighter due to actually being the long-exposed stills themselves, not sort of a video screenshot from the moment of photo-taking. This is super-weird - any ideas?

Finally, I got her down around 20%, and about 10 seconds before hand-catching, she went into RTH, but unlike DJI Go, there was no option to cancel - in fact, I'm lucky nothing bad happened because she was still descending when I caught her. I've never let the battery get this low - might this be some sort of failsafe that's set in DJI Go? After some research I see that I could have put her in Atti and landed on my own, but I do wish there was an easy option to cancel RTH until critical battery level.

Thanks for looking all!

Litchi and DJI go apps are two different apps and you can't expect both of them to have identical features.

Litchi doesn't have Radar. But it has better mission planning.

I was flying a P4P with Litchi Android today when (smart) RTH kicked in at 55% battery level (I was very far). I did not find any option on the screen to cancel it, but pressing the RC front RTH button twice did cancel the RTH.

Same thing (smart RTH) happened last year with my P3P and Litchi on iPad. Back then, Litchi offered the option to cancel the RTH but it did not work. So I closed Litchi, opened DJI Go and cancelled the RTH from there. I did not thought about using the RC RTH button at that time.

Currently, with Litchi on my Samsung A7 and Android 6, before you switch apps you have to go into settings/apps and remove the current app as the default for the cable. Then disconnect the usb, connect again and select the new app. Very cumbersome to do during flight. This is noted on the manual though.

Last edited:
Whether an APP has cancel or not - I always suggest that learning the Controllers buttons is needed so that situations like above are avoided.

The Controller doesn't care if GO / Litchi / Pilot or whatever APP you use ... its buttons are there for you to use.

Nigel

Reactions: Meta4
I was expecting a "radar" instrument like in the lower left of DJI Go .... It's not there on my iPad Mini 2 and I can't seem to find an option to turn it on - any ideas?
The radar is there in my Android version. What do you have in the bottom left corner?
Is it just a case of having to tap whatever's there to cycle through options or is the iPad version that different?
i-NrbjxXL-M.png

she went into RTH, but unlike DJI Go, there was no option to cancel .. do wish there was an easy option to cancel RTH.
The RTH button on your controller will initiate RTH and also cancel RTH.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj