Litchi Problems

Reaction score
Okay gang, I'm stumped here.

Installed Litchi. Connected to internet (home wifi) and ran the app for the first time. I'm not sure if it "registers" or whatever it's supposed to do. There's no sort of notification that anything has happened, so I have no real way to tell. I do know that the little map finds my location and zooms in on me. It even moves as I walk around.

So I shut the app down, connected to the UAV's wifi (P3S) and then started the app again. But all I get is a big red "Disconnected" notice at the top and a black scrren. The small map still finds my location and moves with me as I walk. But nothing else works.

Any advice? What did I miss?

I'd love to get this app working because DJI Go will not work on my phone. SO thus far, I have zero apps to use with my UAV. :-(

I read somewhere that it registers your drone with DJI, but I don't remember what that looked like, if it did anything detectable at all. Also, I seem to remember that you start your RC and the bird before you open the Litchi app. Oh, do you have any other app working in the background which may be connected already? Good luck finding the solution since the app is well worth it.

Last edited:
Try shutting down the wifi before connecting to the bird.

I have a feeling that when you ran the DJI go app for the first ever time you get the option to "connect once" and "connect always" you may have selected connect always. Go into files on your phone and disable that option by clearing the casch.

Also you said you can't get DJI go to run.. You must register (as mentioned earlier) to DJI go to activate the drone. No other app can activate it for you

Neon Euc

Android or iOS?

Reactions: Pharm
If screen says disconnected and gps still working, this tells me possibly your tablet is still connected to your home wifi, and not the controller. Does ur tablet have wifi only or also cellular?

Also, what specific tablet do u have? iPad wifi only, iPad cellular ... ?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies guys, much appreciated. Okay, here's some more info that may or may not help me and/or others:

My phone is a Blackberry Priv running Android 6.0 (yes, a Blackberry running full Android). I was never able to get DJI Go working on it. My tablet is an LG Gpad 8 running Android 6.0. I was also never able to get DJI Go working on it either. I did get DJI Go to work on my wife's HTC One running Android 5.0. So I have flown the aircraft using my wife's phone. I did go through all the initial stuff using DJI Go, updating the firmware, all that, using her phone. So that stuff was done ahead of the Litchi endeavor.

Now, on to the Litchi portion of this event. So I installed the app on my phone, then ran the app without connecting to the aircraft, because the documentation (which is difficult to really find) said that you need to do that first so it can register or whatever. Like I said, there's no real notification that this is finished, or that it even took place. So you're really just shooting in the dark on that. "Did it work? How long do I wait?" :-/ So I gave it a good minute to run while connected to the interwebs. then I shut the app down, started the controller and aircraft and gave it a bit to boot up. Then I connected my phone to the aircraft's wifi and started the app. But it never did connect.

So this morning I decided to give the app a try on my tablet (afore-mentioned LG Gpad) and went through the same steps. But this time I did one extra step. I still had the DJI Go app installed on my tablet in the hopes that it would actually some day work. I had uninstalled it on my phone because it irritated me staring at that icon I couldn't use. So with the tablet I made sure to go in the settings and force-kill the DJI Go app and low and behold, Litchi worked on the tablet.

So, I do have Litchi up and running on my tablet. The only problem here? The P3S controller doesn't mount a tablet. So I'm not sure what to do there. I guess now I need some advice on a mount for a tablet on a P3S controller. Oh, and of course the LG Gpad is a 10" unit, so the mount better be YUGE! Any ideas there?

1482541542774.png

You can get one of these on eBay. Will hold your tablet no problem

Neon Euc

There are some ideas on how to install the Inspire tablet holder to the P3S controller. It does require that you open up the controller and some 'drilling'. As you can guess, you have to be willing to make such physical mod, and as well be mechanically inclined. I dd mine, and am very happy with the outcome. Make sure you know EXACTLY what you're ding as once you drill, there is no going back. Especially the location of the hole, which could very easily be off. SOme people say you do not need to drill as a single screw suffices, but in my opinion that is not sturdy enough. It all comes down to what YOU want to do.

HOW TO: Install tablet mount on a Phantom 3 Standard remote controller

The inspire mounts, you can get from Amazon for about $30.00. Then you need the hardware/fasteners.

Reactions: TerribleTim68
Okay gang, I'm stumped here.

Installed Litchi. Connected to internet (home wifi) and ran the app for the first time. I'm not sure if it "registers" or whatever it's supposed to do. There's no sort of notification that anything has happened, so I have no real way to tell. I do know that the little map finds my location and zooms in on me. It even moves as I walk around.

So I shut the app down, connected to the UAV's wifi (P3S) and then started the app again. But all I get is a big red "Disconnected" notice at the top and a black scrren. The small map still finds my location and moves with me as I walk. But nothing else works.

Any advice? What did I miss?

I'd love to get this app working because DJI Go will not work on my phone. SO thus far, I have zero apps to use with my UAV. :-(

Unplug the android or tablet from the controller and plug it back in works everytime.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj