Litchi Problem!

Reaction score
I downloaded Litchi but when it is running I cannot access Dji Go App at all. It does not show Phantom 3 at all. If I use Dji Go and try and switch to Litchi it will not connect.
I had to Uninstall Litchi to get Go app to work again.
Frustrating, anyone have the secret I am missing. Thx

You cannot run Litchi and DJI GO at the same time. You'll have to close one app and then open the other.

You don't have to uninstall Litchi App to make DJI Go work. Just close it as suggested by msinger.

I have both on my iPad and iPhone and keep them running.

I have Go and Litchi and Vertical installed.
my question is (hopefully not hijacking this thread) is IF I start Go, close it and start Litchi, Litchi does not connect. Same with Vertical. Any app that I start grabs the USB port and doesn't let go even if it is closed.
I have to unplug the usb cable then plug it back in to get Litchi to connect. Same with Vertical.
Is this behavior normal? IE if I start one app, then close it, the app doesn't release the USB port for any other app to use.
Android 5.1.1 on a Nvidia Shield k1.

I have Go and Litchi and Vertical installed.
my question is (hopefully not hijacking this thread) is IF I start Go, close it and start Litchi, Litchi does not connect. Same with Vertical. Any app that I start grabs the USB port and doesn't let go even if it is closed.
I have to unplug the usb cable then plug it back in to get Litchi to connect. Same with Vertical.
Is this behavior normal? IE if I start one app, then close it, the app doesn't release the USB port for any other app to use.
Android 5.1.1 on a Nvidia Shield k1.

Yea, i have same problem on my Nvidia shield, but when I use iPad it does not have that problem. I Guess it has some thing to do with android.

Reactions: pomonabill220
Yep you described my problem ....have android version on note 4. I will try what you did and unplug and re plug. I like the Litchi app but what a pain.

I have the same problem. Iinstead of unplugging the cable i turn the remote off and back on again and launch the app i want.
That works for me also, BUT if you do this while you are in the air (not recommended), you might trigger RTH if you aren't quick enough.
I think that if you don't have a default app assigned, android will ask you which app you want to use, and I just select "only once" so I can do that again.

I have a semi related question...
I just started using litchi for IOS (I have android too).
I have never used either one...
My main question is regarding the recording options. I notice there are no options for setting the recording resolution and other camera settings.
Does this mean I am to use the DJI app to set all that up, close DJI app, and then switch to litchi?

My main question is regarding the recording options. I notice there are no options for setting the recording resolution and other camera settings.
Does this mean I am to use the DJI app to set all that up, close DJI app, and then switch to litchi?

yup. what i generally do is launch with GO app to the altitude I'll be filming, adjust my exposure settings, shut down GO then play my litchi mission.

I had issues with my shield and the two apps....one would load in the background and Foobar the other. It was getting very frustrating.

Then I started using Greenify which allows me to put one or the other into deep hibernation and it seems to work perfectly now.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I had the same problem on my Android LG G4 but never had this problem on my iPad. I quite sure this happen on Android only. Litchi support just ask me to downgrade to previous version

That works for me also, BUT if you do this while you are in the air (not recommended), you might trigger RTH if you aren't quick enough.
I think that if you don't have a default app assigned, android will ask you which app you want to use, and I just select "only once" so I can do that again.

Yeah, I only do it on the ground. When in the air I unplug the cable. I found out the hard way if you bind android to one app only that app will work with the USB... so I just let it ask me which app I want to use every time.

Hope i'm not teaching anyone to suck eggs, but when you close apps on an android they still run in the background. I find that holding down the home key and removing the apps from memory resolves this problem.

I tried that an even with NOTHING running in the background, the last app that was used for the quad still has it's grips on the USB port, so no it doesn't resolve the problem.

Then I started using Greenify which allows me to put one or the other into deep hibernation and it seems to work perfectly now
hhmmm... I am going to give that a try and see! Thanks!

You have to reset the app defaults for each app.SETTINGS / APPLICATION MANAGER / <application name> / CLEAR DEFAULTS Whenever you plug in the USB cable and it prompts you for which app you want to open. Select the app but NEVER select the 'always open' button. Select the 'once only' button. This solves all my issues.

I do not have a default app for anything on my tablet. I always have to select what app i want to use and I do not select "always". I still have the issue.

Try updating your apps, they recently added camera settings to Litchi. It is the button just below the capture/record button.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.