Litchi problem...help!

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been the proud owner of a P3P for a few months now. What a great piece of technology it is! The change in perspective it gives you is amazing, and something a lot of us need from time to time :)

I've downloaded the Litchi app, but cannot get it to connect to the aircraft. All I get is the black screen with DISCONNECTED in the red box at the top.

I've Googled it and can't find much help... Any advice would be great!

Happy flying!

If the rc light is green (connected to ac) then try unplugging the usb cable n pluggin while keeping rc on

Reactions: Discoverydave
Hi Kyle- I will give it a shot. First make sure the cable is plugged into both the controller and the phone or tablet. This actually happened to me. Turn on tablet or phone. Turn on controller and it should either start litchi or ask which app to start in the case if android. Turn on phantom. The remote controller light should go green. If it doesn't that's your problem. If it does then litchi should connect within a few seconds.
This is what i did to get it to work for me. If it still doesn't work after that then I hope one of the pros have an answer for you. Good luck.

Help - Litchi

1. Why is Litchi not connecting to my Phantom 3/Inspire 1?
When starting the app for the first time, you will need to be connected to Internet in order to validate the app with DJI servers.
Be aware that some Internet connections may have troubles connecting to DJI servers, in such a case make sure to try a different Internet connection (home wifi, mobile data connection, a friend's connection, public wifi, etc).
Additionally, on Android if DJI Go is your default app for the remote controller USB connection, you will need to clear the defaults for DJI Go (Settings -> Apps -> DJI Go -> Clear Defaults).
Make sure you are using the latest DJI firmwares on both your RC and aircraft.
Then, follow these steps:

• If needed, restart your mobile device to make sure no apps are running in the background including Litchi itself.
  • Start your aircraft and remote controller, and let them initialize for a few seconds (do not start Litchi just yet).
  • If you have a P3 Standard/P3 4K, connect to the wifi network of the aircraft, otherwise plug the remote controller into the mobile device.
  • If you have a P3 Standard/P3 4K or if you are on iOS: start Litchi directly. In all other cases, select Litchi in the popup to initiate connection.
  • If you are on iOS and don't see video, try disabling Hardware Decoding in the settings.

If you've done all the previous steps and still have an issue you may have to close down the DJI Go App manually if using an Android device.

When i connect my Note 5 to my controller I'm always asked to select between the DJI App and Litchi. If I've used the DJI prior it will still let you open Litchi, but wont connect.

You need to go into Settings / Applications / Application Manager / DJI Go ..... then select FORCE STOP.

Thanks guys, it must have been either the permissions set to the GO app, or the GO app running in the background. All sorted!

It all sounds pretty technical to me. I just got litchi too. I couldn't get it to connect either. Tried everything. Then, I turned on the bird before the RC and Litchi app. Once the bird was turned on, then I turned on the RC and after a bit, I got a choice to use either the DJI Go app or Litchi app. Chose Litchi and all was good. I always used DJI Go app before and I always started the RC and Go app first, then turned on the bird. Maybe you will have this come up too. Happy flying.

I start the samsung tab 4 tablet then the controller and the drone last then I tap on Litchi and tap just once and it works fine

I start the samsung tab 4 tablet then the controller and the drone last then I tap on Litchi and tap just once and it works fine

That is very interesting. I will have to try starting the Tab first (I have the Samsung tab 4 also), then the RC and then the bird. Before I would start the RC, then the Tab, then the bird and it wouldn't work. These particular routines don't make sense to me. IMO, the Tab should make no difference as it is simply a monitor for the RC. Either way, I will try your way to see if it works. I'm referring to the Litchi app only here.

Just getting started soon, what's the advantage of Litchi over DJI GO?

So far for me the main benefit is easy setup of Way-point missions and the smooth execution of same without having to fly the mission first as you have to do in the DJI GO app. I'm sure there are more but that is my experience at this time.

Haven't had a chance to use Litchi yet myself, as i only just got it working. Just wanted to compare the 2 and see which I prefer... I'd like to give the Autopilot app a go but as far as I can tell it's only available on Apple and not Android. Hopefully that changes soon!

... as far as I can tell it's only available on Apple and not Android. Hopefully that changes soon!
Just an observation, but everybody always seems to expect all 3rd party apps for both systems. While this would be great, it seems to me the developers of the best 3rd party apps tend to focus on (if not exclusively develop on) one system or another. It's all about where you focus your always limited resources.

Reactions: Kyle86

I just used your procedure for Litchi and it worked fine as well. At least there are two procedures we know to work. Anyway, I'm done trying to figure out why it won't work. May the wind always be at your tail.

does anyone have advice on connecting litchi to P3 4k? i keep getting a ** cannot connect to dji servers error!... not sure what i am doing wrong...

Help - Litchi

1. Why is Litchi not connecting to my Phantom 3/Inspire 1?
When starting the app for the first time, you will need to be connected to Internet in order to validate the app with DJI servers.
Be aware that some Internet connections may have troubles connecting to DJI servers, in such a case make sure to try a different Internet connection (home wifi, mobile data connection, a friend's connection, public wifi, etc).
Additionally, on Android if DJI Go is your default app for the remote controller USB connection, you will need to clear the defaults for DJI Go (Settings -> Apps -> DJI Go -> Clear Defaults).
Make sure you are using the latest DJI firmwares on both your RC and aircraft.
Then, follow these steps:

• If needed, restart your mobile device to make sure no apps are running in the background including Litchi itself.
  • Start your aircraft and remote controller, and let them initialize for a few seconds (do not start Litchi just yet).
  • If you have a P3 Standard/P3 4K, connect to the wifi network of the aircraft, otherwise plug the remote controller into the mobile device.
  • If you have a P3 Standard/P3 4K or if you are on iOS: start Litchi directly. In all other cases, select Litchi in the popup to initiate connection.
  • If you are on iOS and don't see video, try disabling Hardware Decoding in the settings.
Thanks! I forgot about this and DJI Go was co#& blocking me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic