Litchi pre flight question

Reaction score
After creating a mission with waypoints can you do a test flight without the phantom? I would like to see it run through everything before I just hit the start button.

After creating a mission with waypoints can you do a test flight without the phantom? I would like to see it run through everything before I just hit the start button.

Lemon,

Not that I am aware. have you flown with Litchi yet? Are you on iOS or Android?

Jerry

Lemon,

Not that I am aware. have you flown with Litchi yet? Are you on iOS or Android?

Jerry
haven't flown yet but looks very basic. triple check all the settings and hit the go button. android user

haven't flown yet but looks very basic. triple check all the settings and hit the go button. android user

Lemon,

Just my suggestion, fly with Litchi first so you're somewhat familiar with the differences between Litchi and DJI Go. Do a few 3-4 waypoint Ground Station runs, real basic, then have a blast! I've been using Litchi Android since its inception and no longer fly with anything else. Good luck!

Jerry

Can't be done but that would be a nice feature for sure. Hope they add it some day.

Can't be done but that would be a nice feature for sure. Hope they add it some day.

I was just watching Some YouTube videos and one guy said after creating his mission he was going to use the simulator to pre fly his mission?

I was just watching Some YouTube videos and one guy said after creating his mission he was going to use the simulator to pre fly his mission?
I vaguely remember seeing/hearing that before but never gave it much thought. Just find an open space, and run a very small waypoint mission. You'll see how it works. Altitude is by far the most important variable. If you're above trouble nothing on the Litchi end will cause an issue. On android, at least, once you hit "play" it will give you a final altitude breakdown by waypoint.... Make sure you're clear there and go.

I agree with Jiggy, just take your time. Have your finger on the mode toggle switch, if you get nervous at all just flip it to p-mode. That'll abort the mission and it'll immediately just hover until you take control.

Jerry

I always have the first mission waypoint in a clear area with 20 feet or more of clearance all around, and about 50 feet higher than the tallest nearby object. Be aware that when you start the mission the P3 will fly directly to the first waypoint, so don't have any trees or objects in between the P3 and the first waypoint.

Make the rest of the waypoints plenty high, after a successful mission you can always adjust them lower and refly the mission another time.

Have the second-to-last waypoint near the first waypoint, and the last waypoint about 20 feet above the ground below that. Then I just smoothly lower the P3 down to a stable hover and hand-catch it.

I don't think there is a way to simulate the mission first. At least on the IOS version. I recommend you do a simple mission first and keep your finger on the Mode Lever on your controller (to stop the mission).

S​

I'm not sure what a simulated mission would do for you. Besides, you can simulate it in your head. Just look at each way point. Look at the location, height, speed. A successful simulated mission isn't going to keep your craft from hitting a tree in the actual mission.

I always have the first mission waypoint in a clear area with 20 feet or more of clearance all around, and about 50 feet higher than the tallest nearby object. Be aware that when you start the mission the P3 will fly directly to the first waypoint, so don't have any trees or objects in between the P3 and the first waypoint.

Make the rest of the waypoints plenty high, after a successful mission you can always adjust them lower and refly the mission another time.

Have the second-to-last waypoint near the first waypoint, and the last waypoint about 20 feet above the ground below that. Then I just smoothly lower the P3 down to a stable hover and hand-catch it.

How far apart do you have these waypoints? Meaning, if you are launching, how close is waypoint 1 to get it to go (almost) straight up? The same with the last 2 waypoints...how far apart about?

Thanks!

How far apart do you have these waypoints? Meaning, if you are launching, how close is waypoint 1 to get it to go (almost) straight up? The same with the last 2 waypoints...how far apart about?

Thanks!

I manually take off the P3 about 20 feet from waypoint 1, then I launch the mission. Or you can even fly it near waypoint 1 manually. For the last 2 waypoints I have the next-to-last about 30 feet away and very high, and the last about 20 feet away and about 25 feet up. That way it will hover after the missions ends and I can manually catch/or land from there.

The idea is to leave and return plenty high, and leave at least +/- 20 feet for margin of error.

I manually take off the P3 about 20 feet from waypoint 1, then I launch the mission. Or you can even fly it near waypoint 1 manually. For the last 2 waypoints I have the next-to-last about 30 feet away and very high, and the last about 20 feet away and about 25 feet up. That way it will hover after the missions ends and I can manually catch/or land from there.

The idea is to leave and return plenty high, and leave at least +/- 20 feet for margin of error.

Awesome! Great explanation and much appreciated. I just want to get my moves like JickMagger ;) Thanks!

Awesome! Great explanation and much appreciated. I just want to get my moves like JickMagger ;) Thanks!
I just got back from flying about 6 missions and it worked great. I didn't get any video, I told it to start recording at the first way point but noticed when I got home it was in picture mode on my tablet. crazy how good it worked.

Reactions: JickMagger

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers