Litchi poi setting and following

Reaction score
As a long time phantom pilot first one was the p2v+. I have flown some great places and taken great footage. Not the best at posting I know.

My question is more confirmation about setting the POI with litchi. The elevation is from the take off point correct? It doesn't always seem to match up when I get the footage back so I'm wondering what experiences others have had.

Also this "magic leash". I haven't checked I awhile but as an apple IOS user I haven't ever been able to use it. Does it work as advertised in an android?

Ultimately I would like my P4 to "track/focus" on me moving and have my P3P track and focus on my P4 maybe 40 - 50 ft behind and higher

Sounds easy enough but if anyone can offer tips suggestions ideas I would truly appreciate the input!

I do have both litchi and Autopilot and am constantly amazed what power these apps add to the experience

It's an ever evolving hobby and I'm hooked! Thanks to those that respond and I promise to post an end product once I get it completed!

Happy flying!!

Tracking (At least on my P3A) (Litchi) has been difficult to keep stable. I would recommend the first drone deployed first, then track, observe performance. Then employ second drone to track first... observe. Having TWO drones "Tracking" is a juggling act to be sure. Mabey having a "Attendant" to handle at least one might help in the "I love my TWO drones and don't wan't to lose either" aspect.

Tracking is easier done with NO movement. Following-tracking requires alot(!!!) of processing power of the devices.

It's going to be a challenge for sure. I think the best alternative might be using autopilot. Hopefully someone can chime in with some autopilot experience that understands what I'm trying to accomplish.

To make matters more difficult. I'll be riding a mountain bike down a really nice single track. Luckily there aren't many very tall trees.

I just need the phantom that is following me to link to my iPhone and the 2nd phantom to "link" to the first.

Possible?? It seems so in my head...

Maybe that's part of the problem...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl