Litchi POI question.

Reaction score
I will be flying a way point mission from the summit of a mountain to its base. The flight will be one way and autonimous since it will be, at some point, out of range.
I'm confused about setting the POIs along the way and need some advise. Bear with my awkward attempt to explain:
When setting up a POI you need to indicate the height you want the camera to focus on keeping in mind , I believe, it is relative to the take off point.
If the POI height setting is relative to the take off point I'm confused about how to set them up as my Phantom's altitude plummets below that of its take off point at the summit. So, for example, if my P3 is 700' below take off point and I want to get an overhead shot of a house that is 200' below the bird do I set the POI to -900' in order for the camera to point straight down?
In the same scenario if I want to shoot horizontal to the camera do I set the POI at -700'?
I hope this isn't too confusing.
Thanks for the help.

I think you just need to do a few short test runs and check your logic, you may be correct.
More importantly, how do you propose to end your one way trip especially as it will be out of range, you can set it to just hover at last way point and I suppose it will just run out of battery and autoland, sounds a bit risky.
I am not sure that Litchi will let you do a one way trip with the final waypoint so far from home, plenty of testing needed before the big flight.

Thanks for the reply. Definitely need for some experimentation first. I believe that Litchi's last waypoint actions include None (hoover), Go home. Land, Back to first waypoint. and Reverse . I believe the land option is just that, land in place. Time to experiment.

I will be flying a way point mission from the summit of a mountain to its base. The flight will be one way and autonimous since it will be, at some point, out of range.
I'm confused about setting the POIs along the way and need some advise. Bear with my awkward attempt to explain:
When setting up a POI you need to indicate the height you want the camera to focus on keeping in mind , I believe, it is relative to the take off point.
If the POI height setting is relative to the take off point I'm confused about how to set them up as my Phantom's altitude plummets below that of its take off point at the summit. So, for example, if my P3 is 700' below take off point and I want to get an overhead shot of a house that is 200' below the bird do I set the POI to -900' in order for the camera to point straight down?
In the same scenario if I want to shoot horizontal to the camera do I set the POI at -700'?
I hope this isn't too confusing.
Thanks for the help.
If you end up straight over the POI it should point straight down no matter what height you set that POI. All heights will be along the lens axis. If you want it to keep aiming at the POI as it approaches at an angle then, yes the height is relative to takeoff. If the house is 900 feet below where you took off then set the POI height at -900.

As mentioned here, focus carefully on how you end the mission or you could lose your drone.

Also, and this is important, if you are setting your waypoint heights "relative to ground", be sure to have plenty of waypoints to follow terrain and don't just cut across it with one straight leg. If there is an intermediate bump or shallower descent you may clip trees.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan