Litchi POI Question - Altitude at POI

Reaction score
I just downloaded the Litchi app for P3S for my Ipad Mini 2. I have been setting up test routes in wide open spaces.
I noticed that the altitude for Waypoints is 98' This shows as a number in a black cloud above the waypoint on the map. . When I added a POI the altitude showed 3' in the black cloud for the POI. Is this correct? Or is this the actual altitude of the POI? I was concerned about flying down to 3'...

While on the subject of altitude or altimeter, I assume that this is always relative to the altitude at take off, correct? In the P mode with a good GPS signal, GPS altitude is used correct? Without good GPS, altitude reverts to barometric pressure correct?

Thanks

Reactions: jointeffort
The phantom flies from waypoint to waypoint and yaws to point the camera at the POIs. 98' for WPs and 3' for POIs is the default, you can change that and other parameters by tapping on them.

Ok - just to be clear the Phantom stays at 98' . the 3' for POI is the drop in altitude by 3' for the Yaw at the POI? The phantom
does not descend to 3' right? I know stupid question..

The altitude of the POI is so litchi can figure out how to adjust the camera angle. So if your waypoint is at 98' and 200ft away from the POI, which is at 3', then it can figure out to adjust the angle of the camera to 63 degress,. And if the POI was at 50', then it would adjust to 76 degress (0degrees being straight down). Or whatever negative angle it uses. But the waypoint is the altitude of the Phantom. The POI waypoint is only used to do the math to aim the camera properly.

Ok, that makes sense .. I will leave it on default and check the results. Thanks!

If I were doing a Litchi mission around the Washington Monument (and don't mind losing my drone to the Park Police and doing some time in the crowbar motel), I'd set my waypoints at 575' (It's 555' high) and set the POI at about 250'.

Capish?

And with the above mission in mind, I'd probably use six waypoints –maybe eight– and set the gimbal pitch for each to "Interpolate."

And then I'd fly the mission and run like a rabbit! ; )

S

Reactions: Eighth
The altitude of the POI is so litchi can figure out how to adjust the camera angle. So if your waypoint is at 98' and 200ft away from the POI, which is at 3', then it can figure out to adjust the angle of the camera to 63 degress,. And if the POI was at 50', then it would adjust to 76 degress (0degrees being straight down). Or whatever negative angle it uses. But the waypoint is the altitude of the Phantom. The POI waypoint is only used to do the math to aim the camera properly.
If I were doing a Litchi mission around the Washington Monument (and don't mind losing my drone to the Park Police and doing some time in the crowbar motel), I'd set my waypoints at 575' (It's 555' high) and set the POI at about 250'.

Capish?

And with the above mission in mind, I'd probably use six waypoints –maybe eight– and set the gimbal pitch for each to "Interpolate."

And then I'd fly the mission and run like a rabbit! ; )

S
Im in the SF Bay Area - there is 5 mile no fly radius around Levi Stadium for the super bowl....

Should the POI altitude be set relative to the altitude of the drone when it started to fly, or it is the real altitude (based on sea level)?

Should the POI altitude be set relative to the altitude of the drone when it started to fly, or it is the real altitude (based on sea level)?

All altitudes on Litchi (or Go for that matter) are relative to your takeoff point. Set you POI altitude to what you want your camera to look at. If you're flying around your house, and want to look at your roof, set it for 20' (or whatever). But if you want to video the house itself, perhaps a setting of about 8' would give you a better shot.

SB

Thanks for confirming. I plan to use litchi in waypoint mode on a place out of town, with no internet connection, and send it to a canyon where I will not have signal contact with the drone (so, no realtime image to control the gimbal).

It will take off from a high place, and some of the POI's will be at a much lower altitude than the home point, so it becomes a bit difficult to calculate what are the POI's altitudes to be set.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj