Litchi Panoramic to something like street view?

Reaction score
Hello,

I just tried my first test for the panoramic mode in Litchi. It worked great. It took 8 photos and then a brought them into Photoshop and stitched them together.

Does anyone know if it's possible to view these images in a system like google street view? Where you can move around? I'm going to do a multiple row test next time. 3 rows x 8 photos per row.

Thanks.

Hello,

I just tried my first test for the panoramic mode in Litchi. It worked great. It took 8 photos and then a brought them into Photoshop and stitched them together.

Does anyone know if it's possible to view these images in a system like google street view? Where you can move around? I'm going to do a multiple row test next time. 3 rows x 8 photos per row.

Thanks.
My own advice would be to keep it in this development arena which is what you originally mentioned.
Google panosphere shot with Litchi on Google Streets

Thanks BigAl07. I'll check that out.

Richard. That looks great. Is there a page that explains how to get the photos into the sphere on google maps? Thanks.

Reactions: BigAl07
There's only two bridges you have to cross here.
- stitch the images
- size the aspect ratio to where it's 2:1 (twice as wide as it is tall)

I use Microsoft ICE for stitching and photoshop for the sizing. Those two basic things will get you started.

All the other stuff like dealing with AEB HDR color adjustments etc... can be done so many ways that it's almost pointless to try and do a fully encapsulated tutorial.

I use lightroom for color/saturation balancing but that's not necessary to just get started. I find it easier to post edit the final stitched photo in lightroom only because I'm more familiar with it than photoshop in this area. I'm sure someone who is a photoshop expert would prefer photoshop for getting the colors right.

I've found it necessary to upload the final image via the google streets app on an android device. When I get the final photo ready for upload I have to copy it to micro sd card from my pc and transfer to my zenpad for final upload. This might not be necessary but it's the only way I've been able to get it to work on a consistent basis.

I'll start a thread here in the new future about photo spheres and elaborate more on the work flow that I've come up with. Hopefully it will help those of you looking for help.

Thanks Richard. That's great to get started. What is the final file type? Just jpg?

I don't have an Android device so I'll have to figure that part out. I do have and iPhone the with Google Street View app. Maybe I can upload it to photos.google.com and then post from there within the app.

It really would be nice if Google offered this in the browser on a computer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers