Litchi panorama

Is it true that litchi does not record exif data. If so how does the software know what to do with the images?
No ... the Phantom camera puts the exif data into each image file regardless of the app you are using.
The software doesn't use the exif data to compile a panorama anyway - it just matches up pixels and patterns.
Exif data would only show the point from which the photos were taken and not the direction the camera was facing.

Reactions: rjm71
No ... the Phantom camera puts the exif data into each image file regardless of the app you are using.
The software doesn't use the exif data to compile a panorama anyway - it just matches up pixels and patterns.
Exif data would only show the point from which the photos were taken and not the direction the camera was facing.

Thanks for the info :)

That is not true. EXIF data from DJI drones contains camera direction, although it's in custom tags not yet understood by any software that we know of.
You can see the data if you open the files in any XMP viewer, for example - Photoshop -> File Info -> Raw Data:

Code:
 <rdf:Description rdf:about="" xmlns:drone-dji="http://www.dji.com/drone-dji/1.0/">
         <drone-dji:AbsoluteAltitude>+182.37</drone-dji:AbsoluteAltitude>
         <drone-dji:RelativeAltitude>+7.70</drone-dji:RelativeAltitude>
         <drone-dji:GimbalRollDegree>+0.00</drone-dji:GimbalRollDegree>
         <drone-dji:GimbalYawDegree>+68.80</drone-dji:GimbalYawDegree>
         <drone-dji:GimbalPitchDegree>-10.90</drone-dji:GimbalPitchDegree>
         <drone-dji:FlightRollDegree>+4.40</drone-dji:FlightRollDegree>
         <drone-dji:FlightYawDegree>+67.70</drone-dji:FlightYawDegree>
         <drone-dji:FlightPitchDegree>+2.80</drone-dji:FlightPitchDegree>
         <drone-dji:FlightXSpeed>+0.20</drone-dji:FlightXSpeed>
         <drone-dji:FlightYSpeed>+0.30</drone-dji:FlightYSpeed>
         <drone-dji:FlightZSpeed>-0.10</drone-dji:FlightZSpeed>
      </rdf:Description>

Camera direction in this case is described by gimbal yaw and pitch. Yaw is compass direction (relative to north), and pitch is the vertical angle (inclination) relative to the horizon (i.e. looking up or down). It is definitely possible to make use of this data in stitching software, it's just that nobody does it yet, as far as I know.

Last edited:
I believe pano on Litchi is only available on Android. Does anyone know which of the iOS apps have a pano option?
Yes, panos are available on the iOS version of litchi. And Hugin is a free pano program that has a lot of features.

I gave up using Litchi for panos, take the pictures, off load to PC, run ICE, then photoshop, then upload to Facebook if it looks ok, if not switch to legacy mode and try again, far to much hassle.

I found this app for IOS (android supposedly coming soon)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Jus
I gave up using Litchi for panos, take the pictures, off load to PC, run ICE, then photoshop, then upload to Facebook if it looks ok, if not switch to legacy mode and try again, far to much hassle.

I found this app for IOS (android supposedly coming soon)

Just be aware that under the terms of use, Hanger owns all the rights to any photos that you upload to them along with any panos created!! They 'graciously' allow you limited, non-commercial use of your images.

Not sure how everyone is doing, with the 360' Pano's but I follow this gentleman's video and it works well every time.... even on facebook posts. Best of luck (and the software is FREE)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.