Litchi Orbits ( half orbits)?

Reaction score
Hey all! had a question I haven't been able to find the answer to anywhere regarding doing orbit shots in Litchi..specifically whether it's possible to do half orbits. Hopefully this makes sense. For example if you wanted to make footage of construction progress in an area where its wooded in the back and a full revolution wouldn't be necessary. Would be great to do half orbits panning from left to right and back again while maintaining the same position on future shots there. I suppose it could be edited in post. Just curious if anyone has any knowledge or ideas about this. Just for some added info its a preschool being built in a fairly small piece of land. Woods in the back so I wouldnt really benefit from much footage from the back side. Thanks!

If I were doing this I would set up a way point mission of the half orbit and that way you'd be able to fly the same route each time you visit the location and show the progress.

Reactions: chascoadmin
here's a link to a video where the op sets it up within the app on his phone or iPad.
, you can also do it on a computer. You don't have to fly it first, although as it's new construction some of the way points might need to be adjusted based on what you are seeing when you fly. It's a bit complicated at first, so I'd watch a few videos before you try it. One of the pitfalls is making sure that your height is set at each way point to be above any obstacles/trees.

No, you can set it up all from your computer using Litchi Mission Hub and Google Earth. I've only done it once. Find a Youtube video that explains it.

I stated that wrong. By manually I meant am I supposed to fly to the half orbit? I know there's a way to do an orbit but I'm wondering if I can just do a half orbit stopping halfway and then in Reverse as opposed to do in a complete orbit. Hopefully I'm making sense.

here's a link to a video where the op sets it up within the app on his phone or iPad.
, you can also do it on a computer. You don't have to fly it first, although as it's new construction some of the way points might need to be adjusted based on what you are seeing when you fly. It's a bit complicated at first, so I'd watch a few videos before you try it. One of the pitfalls is making sure that your height is set at each way point to be above any obstacles/trees.

Thanks. I'm going to watch this.

I watched the video but it just speaks about waypoints. I'm familiar with waypoints. I'm specifically wondering about orbits or half orbits like I said. Unless I'm searching using wrong keywords there doesn't seem to be a way other than doing it in post editing.

I watched the video but it just speaks about waypoints. I'm familiar with waypoints. I'm specifically wondering about orbits or half orbits like I said. Unless I'm searching using wrong keywords there doesn't seem to be a way other than doing it in post editing.
Sorry, don't know

In an orbit you can choose where you want it to start. NSEW or Nearest. Meaning the you could start it at the same place every time if you started at a compass position, but would just get really close if using nearest unless you had a landmark that you could look straight down on and hover before choosing nearest and begin.

As for waypoints you can create enough waypoints and adjust your corner radius to get close to a true orbit and you can tell it the finish action is to reverse the path.

In an orbit you can choose where you want it to start. NSEW or Nearest. Meaning the you could start it at the same place every time if you started at a compass position, but would just get really close if using nearest unless you had a landmark that you could look straight down on and hover before choosing nearest and begin.

As for waypoints you can create enough waypoints and adjust your corner radius to get close to a true orbit and you can tell it the finish action is to reverse the path.

Curving my corners! Yes! That's the idea I hadn't thought of. So something like 3 point with the middle curved. Man, thanks for that idea. Clearly too easy for me to have thought of..lol!

Reactions: chascoadmin

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94