Litchi Orbit Mode

Reaction score
Ok so i have been using the Orbit mode a little bit. Still learning. It appears you have to put a poi on the map view then fly the orbit. In DJI Go I can fly to an actual point, hover over it then run the orbit from there. Setting the poi from a map view is not good. So in Litchi is there a way to set the orbit poi from the live view? Thanks.

In Litchi just fly to the centre point you want to orbit and set the radius point direction etc, you do not need to preset a POI.
So to better understand. Let's say your in a remote area that does not have cellular or wifi connectivity. Your mission is to orbit a new structure, however, the structure does not appear on the satellite view and without connectivity are you still able to orbit the structure? If so, what are the steps? Thanks

So to better understand. Let's say your in a remote area that does not have cellular or wifi connectivity. Your mission is to orbit a new structure, however, the structure does not appear on the satellite view and without connectivity are you still able to orbit the structure? If so, what are the steps? Thanks
Assuming you are flying in line of sight, just fly over the top of the structure, point your camera down to make sure you are over the centre, then enter orbit mode, select the parameters you want, ie radius, speed, camera pointing in out or straight ahead, and then start.

You can also cache your maps before you leave home and see the structure on the satellite view, you do not need cellular or Wi fi out in the fileld.

I often just plan a waypoint mission at home using Litchi hub, you can get much better results this way as you can change camera angles, or fly in an elipse etc

I situations where you have AC connection just fly it manually- it is easier than you might expect and you can make subtle adjustments through the take.

Litchi Orbit works well and can definitely be done by flying to the poi and then clicking on the icon to make the settings.

This is a recent example

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1