Litchi or DJI Go from the beginning?

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just unpacked my DJI P3A and wondering if I should start with the Go app from the beginning or start with Litchi right away?

Would like to have all logs and information stored in one app and not two (if that is the case if installing Litchi in a week or two). However I love the idea of P4 features just by installing the app.

Any thoughts?

Best
Brandten

Skickat från min SM-G925F via Tapatalk

Reactions: rene van der meer
I have my p3A almost one year now. I switched to Litchi about one month ago. Since then I only use Go for certain settings.I fly with Litchi.
If you want to use the extra functionality from Litchi, you could consider to use it exclusively for flying. Be sure to set the basic settings right (RTH, etc) in Go.
Go has also a simple simulator you might use to try new things.

Reactions: Brandten
I use DJI go for all settings but Litchi during waypoints automated flying. DJI go may be good for manual flying.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You'll need to use DJI GO too since all of the settings cannot be set in Litchi. That being the case, it would probably be best to figure out how to use DJI GO before moving to a 3rd party app.

You'll need to use DJI GO too since all of the settings cannot be set in Litchi. That being the case, it would probably be best to figure out how to use DJI GO before moving to a 3rd party app.

I second this statement

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Pharm and Brandten
I use both depending on what I'm doing. For general flying around (or when my 8 year old grandson is at the controls), I use the Go app. Provides access to all the functions and allows you to monitor status, locatin ,etc. For specific missions such as waypoints, orbit or POI, I go to the Litchi app. For either one, if you will be flying somewhere with out wifi, open up the app you plan to use while you have wifi and slew the map until your launch location is centered on the screen. Zoom in a bit so that up have enough resolution and then close the app. It will cache the map and when you open it at the launch location, it will reload the map from memory. If you plan to use both apps, you need to do this for each app - they don't share.

+1
As an example I always check advanced sensors in DJI Go before flying. That function isn't available yet in Litchi .

Thank you all! Just took it out for the first flight and will be using DJI GO for now until i get used to the aircraft.

Skickat från min SM-G925F via Tapatalk

Use DJI go for now. You'll soon want to use litchi.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You need to master the DJI GO app and quickly navigate to the different settings. I use DJI GO for FPV flying as it seems to work better. If I am using Litchi, I start up in DJI GO, check all settings are correct and sensor settings which will indicate if there is a compass issue well before you get a warning. I take off, climb a bit and make sure the bird is responding and there are no warnings. I close out the app and start Litchi. I read about problems people have with some Litchi flights and I have had a few myself. Most of these could be avoided by starting the DJI GO app first and checking all the settings first. You can use Litchi hundreds of times without a problem but it just takes one bad setting in the DJI GO app to screw things up and that will be the day you post here about a flyaway, RTH or compass problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl