Litchi or auto pilot?

Reaction score
looking at purchasing either litchi or auto pilot just don't know which one is better have read up on them both just wondering what's everyone's opinion on them... I see lots of people using litchi is that the way to go? Another question when I purchase litchi is everything included with it there isn't parts of the app I have to pay extra for is there?

What device? Android or Apple?

Litchi runs on either, but Autopilot only runs on Apple and they 'prefer' an iPad Pro + Cellular for using its barometer in their write up as well as the computational power the app needs (Pending overheating in less powerful devices where heat slows the iOS down and gets into lagging issues.). Autopilot needs the barometer in the iPad for "Follow me's" like going up a hill where the iPad's barometer adjusts so the drone's distance remains accurate. Autopilot is harder to learn too, but does a lot. Take your pick.

What device? Android or Apple?

Litchi runs on either, but Autopilot only runs on Apple and they 'prefer' an iPad Pro + Cellular for using its barometer in their write up as well as the computational power the app needs (Pending overheating in less powerful devices where heat slows the iOS down and gets into lagging issues.). Autopilot needs the barometer in the iPad for "Follow me's" like going up a hill where the iPad's barometer adjusts so the drone's distance remains accurate. Autopilot is harder to learn too, but does a lot. Take your pick.
Okay thats leaning me now towards litchi I'm using a apple iPad mini will this work okay for litchi? I've heard a lot of good things about litchi and I'm assuming it's fairly easy to use as well..... I just don't want to spend the 30 some bucks and find out I've wasted my money on something I can't run on the iPad mini or won't use

Both are very good and each has great features.
For Litchi I would use an iPad mini 4 or better.
Litchi does everything I need as a professional aerial photographer.
I also own Autopilot but find it a little harder to learn/use, just my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Both are very good and each has great features.
For Litchi I would use an iPad mini 4 or better.
Litchi does everything I need as a professional aerial photographer.
I also own Autopilot but find it a little harder to learn/use, just my opinion.

So I'm assuming a iPad 2 will be to slow to run it or what will happen when I use the mini 2 with it, my mini 2 works flawless with the go app

I got a Ipad mini 3 and so far I like Litchi a lot better. The waypoints are so much nicer to set up. If you want to Follow me, you'll need to get a wifi + cellular but you don't have to activate the cellular if you don't want. Most Androids have GPS, don't know what Apple doesn't

Both are equally good. You like the one you buy first.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

So now my question is is anyone using it with an iPad mini 2 how will it work with my iPhone 6 Plus I also have that as well I just don't wanna spend the 30 bucks and find out it won't work with either the mini iPad 2 or the iPhone 6 plus

I use Autopilot extensively on a iPhone 6S Plus, no issues whatsoever.

Both apps, Autopilot & Litchi, are very good. I have seen goods comments in this forum about Litchi, great results and ease of learning. All in all I hear that Litchi's UI is user friendly easy to learn.

I purchased Autopilot because I have iOS devices (iPhone 6S Plus, iPad Mini 4) and got used to it. The learning curve is a bit more steep than Litchi. AP can be programmed for very complex missions, my favorite one is the follow me feature and make the Phantom follow the course of a number 8 in the sky while following me on a boat or an ATV.

Both Apps allow you to setup your missions in offline mode in the comfort of your house before you even go out to the field to fly. I always setup my missions way in advance days and weeks before. Autopilot has a neat feature called path inspector. Basically allows me to run the mission and see exactly what the aircraft is going to do out in the field. Allows me to make changes to the aircraft's behavior.

I would say that if you want an app that is easy to learn go for Litchi, can't go wrong.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I like that Path Inspector option,I was hunting around in litchi for it,but as you know not the there. I had no knowledge that auto politics had, just figured it would of been a common option in mapping flights. Hope litchi adds it.

At the time video was made Litchi vs Autopilot both apps did not support Lost connection to the remote, they both now do. Meaning that even if the aircraft gets disconnected from the RC mission continues with some limitations.

Hope this helps.

Autopilot was my first choice. I went to Litchi when the earlier DJI firmware update disabled RTH in Autopilot (issue is now resolved). Having used both my experience is that you can do more with Autopilot however it is a steeper learning curve (it really isn't difficult and the youtube tutorials are fantastic).

Ipad Mini 2 is entry hardware spec with Autopilot. Neither versions have barometer and the non-cellular doesn't have GPS. You could use airspace with another iOS device. You may well see poor video downlink performance and have other issues also.

I would probably go Litchi in your circumstances, you wont be disappointed!

You will likely find as you fly more that most moves can be relatively easily performed on the sticks flying manually, esp orbits which are, surprisingly to some, the easiest to execute.

I've used Litchi longer, and feel pretty confident when using it. I feel Litchi also is easier to learn as well. However I like many of the features of Autopilot. I can view on my ios screen a run through of my mission before taking to the sky. Autopilot has several YouTube tutorials, but they move through their material at a very fast pace.

So now my question is is anyone using it with an iPad mini 2 how will it work with my iPhone 6 Plus I also have that as well I just don't wanna spend the 30 bucks and find out it won't work with either the mini iPad 2 or the iPhone 6 plus

I've used Litchi with both the mini 2 and the 6 plus, both work just fine. Although I haven't used Litchi's follow me with the iPad, I suppose you could use your phone As a personal hotspot.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31