Litchi on Nexus 7 2nd Gen to P3 4k - How to regiters to DJI servers

Reaction score
Okay,

Got a P3 4k and bought a Nexus 7 2nd Gen to use with Litchi. Cannot get it to register with DJI or get any signal with the remote. I have run DJI Go on it and it works fine. I deleted it to run Litchi, but can get it to connect. I have researched anything I can think of and no luck. The weird thing is when I am connected to the Phantom WiFi, if I press the automatic takeoff button, it tells me I have to have the flight mode switched to "F". No signal, video, bat life, etc...

Okay, Questions...

1. Is there a certain order to connect to WiFi? First to the controller and then to my home WiFi to register? or reverse that? Do I need to stand on one leg and face north?:rolleyes:

2. Will Litchi connect to the controller at all if it is not registered?

3. Is there some hidden file left over from DJI Go after I uninstalled it that is causing problems?

4. Can you use a cable on the data port of the Nexus 7 to connect to a router for internet?

I have not found any solutions that deal directly with Litchi to run the 4k on a device that does not have another way to connect to the internet, only with WiFi. I run Litchi on my HTC One and have no problems, except the phone sometimes overheats.

If anybody has the steps to get this to work, I would sure appreciate it! Heading to the beach this weekend and hope to run some waypoint flights!

Thanks!

I beleive i originally registered using DJI Go app then moved to Litchi no problem with my P3 Advanced.. I do think you have to register first if i remember correctly.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Copied from the help section on Litchi website -
When starting the app for the first time after installation, you will need to be connected to Internet in order to register the app with DJI servers. Registration with DJI servers can be done without being connected to a DJI drone. The registration is done in the background, if the registration failed you will be notified with an error popup. Be aware that some Internet connections may have troubles connecting to DJI servers, in such a case make sure to try a different Internet connection (home wifi, mobile data connection, a friend's connection, public wifi, etc).

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Alphaboy1
There is no need to uninstall the Go app to use Litchi. You can have both on the same device, a lot of people use both on different occasions same device. Just have to make sure only one is open at a time. So you might have to force close one via the app setting on your device to use the other. Also I have the very same tablet and have both apps installed with no issues, with the exception of forgetting to close one before opening the other.

Reactions: Alphaboy1
I actually get the option to pick one of the 2 applications when i plug the usb connector into my Nexus 9 tablet. I did have to clear the DJI app cache prior on the tablet.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Copied from the help section on Litchi website -
When starting the app for the first time after installation, you will need to be connected to Internet in order to register the app with DJI servers. Registration with DJI servers can be done without being connected to a DJI drone. The registration is done in the background, if the registration failed you will be notified with an error popup. Be aware that some Internet connections may have troubles connecting to DJI servers, in such a case make sure to try a different Internet connection (home wifi, mobile data connection, a friend's connection, public wifi, etc).

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Got it working!! Missed this on the Litchi Help page about not having to be connected with the Drone. Thought you had to connect to the drone first, and then try to register the app with DJI. Only saw the part where people were having problems with the Go app on the same tablet.

Reinstalled Litchi while connected to the home WIFi and still would not connect, so I logged onto my phones hotspot & it worked!!

Thanks for all your help! Its always that one thing you miss that screws you up!:confused:

Dumb question, how do I know that litchi has successfully registered, is there a way to check?

Yes ... if registered .. It works.

If not registered ... it does not work.

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20