Litchi on iPad mini 4. Non stop RTH request

Reaction score
I was flying today and used litchi on my iPad mini 4 for the first time in a while. I flew out of signal range and video range. The no signal RTH activated automatically. A few moments later when I regained video signal and control signal, I cancelled the RTH. Flying back home under my control, I kept getting the "Aircraft with automatically return home in 10 seconds" (or something like that) message. There was no cancel option only "OK". If I did nothing, that message would just stay on the screen way beyond 10 seconds. If I tapped "OK" it would switch to RTH even though I was already coming back and well within range. So RTH would active, I would let it go for a couple seconds then tap the RTH message at the top of the screen and cancel the RTH. Then two seconds later the same message would pop up again. And again just stay there blocking the screen for as long as I ignored it. The whole way flying back this message would pop up. The only way to get rid of it was to tap "OK" and let the RTH active, then cancel the RTH. Then give seconds later it would pop up again. Again and again. All the way until I landed.
Does anyone know why?

Was the app indicating low battery RTH? I've certainly had that happen with the dji app and occasionally with litchi. Are you running the latest iOS litchi update released last week?

I recall a post on the DJI forums where a user reported this issue. None of the responses there (at least at the time I viewed it) seemed helpful. Clearly you aren't alone though in having this issue.

Was the app indicating low battery RTH? I've certainly had that happen with the dji app and occasionally with litchi. Are you running the latest iOS litchi update released last week?
I am running the latest on everything.
No, the low battery indication never showed. I made it back to the take off point with 30% left.
The RTH message came on initially when I lost control signal, it did start to RTH. When it got back in range I cancelled it. But a generic RTH message kept popping up. It just said "Aircraft will RTH in 10 seconds". Over and over again. I am guessing eight times in less than a six minute flight.

I am running the latest on everything.
No, the low battery indication never showed. I made it back to the take off point with 30% left.
The RTH message came on initially when I lost control signal, it did start to RTH. When it got back in range I cancelled it. But a generic RTH message kept popping up. It just said "Aircraft will RTH in 10 seconds". Over and over again. I am guessing eight times in less than a six minute flight.
Ok, my experience was with low battery RTH but the message was similar to yours, and it would drop in an out depending on whether I was flying towards or away from me. I now have a boosted P4 set up to get rid of the incessant signal issues in the forest where I fly, as litchi would get a sniff of a poor signal and start flagging RTH events. Never occurred with dji go4.

Was this what was happening ?

Latest version of Litchi, it started at 10000ft out and every time I hit go home and then cancel it would pop up again and again

Loads of battery life and full signal

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Was this what was happening ?

Latest version of Litchi, it started at 10000ft out and every time I hit go home and then cancel it would pop up again and again

Loads of battery life and full signal

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Yes! Only I didn't get the error. After cancelling the RTH probably five times, I left the message on the screen and landed.
I contacted Litchi and the reply I got was that it is a known issue and there is no fix for it unless DJI tells them how to fix it.
So basically, I won't be using Litchi anymore.
We're you using an Apple device to fly with?http://

Were both if these events of RTH on ipad. Did litchi confirm it is a fault in both os. Could do with a bit more info as this is very concerning.

Were both if these events of RTH on ipad. Did litchi confirm it is a fault in both os. Could do with a bit more info as this is very concerning.
I was using an iPad mini 4. I will try it on my Nvidia shield K1 when the weather clears. I usually only use Litchi on the Nvidia. But there have been a few updates since the last time I used it.
Litchi basically said they know of the issue and there was nothing they could do.
Here is the message from Litchi.
1495638723552.png

Thanks for that info I think you can see where I was going is it a problem with the integration of ios or does it happen on Android as well. I use litchi all the time on Android and have never had this happen. I'm running all the latest firmware and litchi updates so as upto date as possible.

I normally use DJI GO for long distance but I can't screen record so that's why i used Litchi, last time I tried a long distance flight with litchi the FPV went out at 3000ft. Was actually surprised it worked.
Lesson learnt

I just read the reply from Litchi, It's the smart return to home function that causes the issue, that can be turned off in the DJI app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31