Litchi...ok I'm hooked.

Reaction score
I've flown some very short waypoint missions before but decided to put on my big boy pants today and fly one that was sure to lose contact. Flew an 8 minute mission (~1.3 miles round trip) which included about 3 minutes of no transmission. Sure enough, it came back!

This is insanely fun, albeit not the safest thing to do!

Reactions: aermale
Yep know the feelin well, did the same as you and sent it on a 3 Klm mission around a lake and sure enough up came the little voice telling me disconnected...I kept watching the mission and back it came and has done so ever since. The wife was laughing whilst I was a trembling mess. You end up trusting the drone and triple check all your settings.

You're both braver than me. I sent it around the block I live on. I'd be a wreck, if I sent it out too far. I was thinking about trying a long range mission, before I get my 107, but I'd hate to lose my certificate once I get it, of course. Idk...

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Haha same here. I usually do a 6 min mission but went all out and done a 11 mins mission. Such a buzz hearing the bird come back after 9 mins of no signal lol

Neon Euc

It has me thinking... I have my knowledge test Wednesday...And I got a p3s for fishing on offerup ($300!!). Maybe , I'll try something daring once the tfr for the Superbowl is over....hmmmm

Sent from my XT1254 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I was thinking the same as the only place the drone was going , was straight into the drink. Irretrievable, but at least it would be some entertainment for the birds and the trout can have a poke around with it. Fortunately I can hear the drone during flight because of the nature off the area, but can't see it for the trees, and figure noise = heartbeat.

Tevek- I too have noticed the engines at quite far distances, I;ve lost contact & sitting patiently reciting to myself- If litchi looses signal it will continue with mission, if litchi looses signal, it will ------, & I can still hear those motors a working, quite comforting!

Reactions: tevek
I did my first one, this morning. 15,000 feet with a p3s. That was a ton of fun.

p3s- fishing
p4 Black- Inspections

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.